£25 to look out of the window!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordloveaduck

The Shard is a CON. It's just a tower block with a sheet of glass placed over it at an angle. I'm sure Everest would have given them a cheaper quote or even a BOGOF on the glass.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Do they give you a glass of wine for your £25? A glass of Shard - onnay, maybe?

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

screenman

Legendary Member
mustang 1, is everyone that does not think like you a donut?

Personally I see it as extremely good value and would not hesitate to pay it, come on guys £25 it is the new £5.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mustang 1, is everyone that does not think like you a donut?

Personally I see it as extremely good value and would not hesitate to pay it, come on guys £25 it is the new £5.

Why is it whenever you post I'm reminded of that brummy Harry Enfield character who was always saying "And I am considerably richer than yow!"

£25 is easily more than I spend on food for a week....

With regard to the height, it's all relative. The highest point in York (by planning law, I believe) is the Minster Tower, which is only 60m high - but from the top you're higher than anything else for about 40 miles I reckon and York is laid out before you beautifully. On the other hand, that costs £6 to go up, so it's about the same, metre for metre. No lift in the Minster though, just 275 steps....

screenman

Legendary Member
Arch not got a clue, I doubt I am considerable richer than you^_^ Given the choice I know which one I would rather go up and it is not covered in glass, York is a fantastic city and a place I spend at least 5 days at Easter in every year.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, next time you're up the Tower, wave in a vaguely northeasterly direction at my flat....:hello:

(I can just make out figures going round the top...)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well, next time you're up the Tower, wave in a vaguely northeasterly direction at my flat....:hello:

(I can just make out figures going round the top...)

Arch is armed with her binoculars at all times (even in bed), so that she can spy on who's there at a moments notice.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Arch is armed with her binoculars at all times (even in bed), so that she can spy on who's there at a moments notice.

Sadly. I can only see the Tower when sitting at my table. From bed, I'd need some sort of mirror/periscope....

I've never actually liased and waved to someone up there, but with mobile phones and them knowing which way to look, it would be doable!

I missed something exciting once. I went out for some shopping and saw a SeaKing fly low overhead, heading, I thought, for the hospital. Did my shopping, came out of the supermarket, saw it flying back again. Found out later they'd had to winch a man off the Tower after he had a heart attack, and couldn't be got back down the stairs on a stretcher. I'd have had a ringside view!

Norm

Together with the binocular storage comment on the "mobile phone storage" thread, I now have a completely inappropriate image of young Arch.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Just seen on the BBC breakfast news that it'll cost £25 to go up to the 69th floor of the new "Shard" building in London!!! :ohmy:

It'll be open to the public to go and have a gander from February next year by all accounts.

I'd like to go up it, and fully understand making a charge, but chuffin' hell, £25!!!???

Yeah but...............................

Top Bottom