£300000 per week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Helps to keep his chav wife in the manner to which she has become accustomed, who needs self respect when your knuckle dragger of a husband earns that much

What an imaginative post - very clever.

I can just imagine him (WR) losing sleep over internet comments from obnoxious posters on a cycling forum esp' from a poster with a very slopey forehead; just to keep the non-factual assumptive evolutionary deficit theme going - which you will clearly appreciate.

SpokeyDokey

...and a heart surgeon has skills most of us will never have, yet does he get £300k per week for saving lives? Be real and come back to earth and reality. Rooney and Co are not worth what they get, get greedy huggers and a waste of space in my world.

Taking a bit of a punt here and to answer your question (and I accept I could be wrong on this) I'd say 'no'.

However, it's really really unfair that just because a heart surgeon was born with some skills and talents that other people don't possess that said surgeon gets a salary/pension package that most people can only dream of.

Because of this every heart surgeon at the top of their game should be subject to abuse on a cycling forum - maybe a few Neanderthal references, couple of pictures of closely related (to humans) animals with similar facial features posted up and maybe a few references to the spending habits of their nearest and dearest etc.

Heart surgeons - absolute scum and they should be ashamed to take their inflated salary cheques each month when so many much more worthy people are scraping by on a minimum wage.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
In a bizarre coincidence I was offered £300K a week by my boss a couple of years ago but told him that my conscience wouldn't let me accept it and I would be happier staying on my £250 pw. He wasn't happy but he took it well.

I've just started working one day a week at another school. I found the experience so pleasurable that I offered to pay £300k to end my teaching career there.

I was sent to the back of the queue.

MarkF

Guru
FFS, we are talking about a bloke kicking a ball about, even if he can kick it better than others, but certainly not 300 k pw better.

Nonsense, kicking the ball around is not only what they are paying him for, no more than it was for clubs that paid Beckham.

Bargain. I reckon he covers his weekly wages, by Rooney shirts, by Wednesday afternoon, maybe Tuesday.

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Nonsense, kicking the ball around is not only what they are paying him for, no more than it was for clubs that paid Beckham.

Bargain. I reckon he covers his weekly wages, by Rooney shirts, by Wednesday afternoon, maybe Tuesday.

I sometimes wonder why I bothered getting O levels, A levels and a degree. Unfortunately, I'm s**t at football.

ASC1951

Guru
I sometimes wonder why I bothered getting O levels, A levels and a degree. Unfortunately, I'm s**t at football.
The senior partner of my law firm was actually very good at football - he was on the books at Newcastle as a schoolboy and still plays Sunday League 40 years later. They said to him "You might be one in a thousand of lads your age, but that's nowhere near good enough to earn a decent living as a professional footballer. The best you could hope for would be a few seasons in the bottom divisions, so stick to your studies instead."

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My brother in law played for a premiership club in Brazil. He left home to join the youth team at 10 and played with some of the biggest names in the game. At 22 he damaged his knee and never recovered to the same level of fitness he now works incredibly hard as a personal trainer, not the same renumeration as a pro player, but he is happy. You need a good dose of luck as well as skill to earn megabucks in the game.

SpokeyDokey

Good innit footy?

Sort of levels things out a bit - I think it's great that some people can earn shed-loads even when they are not obvious academics. Why should smart-ish people with a few qualifications to their name get all the dosh?

What I find particularly amusing is that a number of these highly paid non-academic footy players (I will add btw that there's more than a few who are pretty damn smart eg Lampard) employ either directly or indirectly highly qualified professionals to manage various aspects of their lives whilst paying said highly qualified professionals out of their chump change - there's a wonderful irony in there.

SpokeyDokey

Just realised - that since this thread started WR is about £300k net of tax ahead of the rest of us just for his on-pitch efforts and has dumped £300k into HMRC's coffers which (for the detractors) makes him more than slightly useful to UK PLC. I was just wondering how much the member who made the "knuckle-dragger" comment has contributed....

Top Bottom