£300000 per week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
.... who needs self respect when your knuckle dragger of a husband earns that much
Professional football is a ruthlessly egalitarian sport. Young Mr Rooney doesn't just play it well, he plays it at a level of skill which only a few dozen people in the world can achieve. This 'knuckle dragger', you silly snob, is better at it than you or I will ever be at anything.

Lullabelle

Banana
More like 300 grans a week, amiright?

:laugh: spot on

asterix

Comrade Member
Professional football is a ruthlessly egalitarian sport. Young Mr Rooney doesn't just play it well, he plays it at a level of skill which only a few dozen people in the world can achieve. This 'knuckle dragger', you silly snob, is better at it than you or I will ever be at anything.

..and if he ceases to perform, I guess he'll be on the way out before you can say 'adios amigo'. Which is a lot tougher than being a top banker.

rooney-contractv1.jpg

chimp-vs-pacman.jpg

Mattonsea

Über Member
Just a shame he chokes every time he plays for his country ,not that great is he !!!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Possibly.
I have not gone to matches on the occasions when my team have been playing big teams and the entry prices have risen, I refuse to support the greed. Although at times when there is national cup games I do attend if possible. I never claimed to be consistent :laugh:

If my team was to be taken over by someone with loads of money and success was bought then I reckon I'd stop supporting them. I'd much rather they struggled away in the lower divisions and focussed on developing a community club as they do at present; the board do a great job, and have done for the decades that I have supported the team.

The F.C. United group went down that road when the Glazers took over - fair play to them.

My son works with a Man City fan who says he preferred it when they were struggling year after year than now they have become a trophy purchasing outfit. To be fair to their fans they put up with so much heartache during those years, due to their own dire team and Utd winning everything I can't begrudge them their current status. However, I don't think the achievements that will come their way in the coming years will be as commendable as say Forest in the late 70s, or Everton in the mid 80s when they both came from relative mediocrity and assembled fantastic teams via a combination of a couple of big buys, a decent youth policy and some very shrewd scouting, together with guile, unbreakable team spirit and excellent management, rather than just throw limitless funds at it.

Roadhump

You are contributing to the greed. Simple.

Irrespective of your "lasting bond" etc, which I completely understand, you are part of it.

Despite my love of football I refuse to pay for SKY or attend matches involving big teams. I support a small team, always have done, and have no interest in becoming part of the nonsense.
I can't really argue that by paying for my season ticket and going to the game I am contributing to the greed, but my conscience is clear. Everton is my home town club, my dad, grandad and some of my uncles and cousins followed them before me (my other grandad followed Liverpool, as do my other uncles and cousins and their club has really been hijacked by the glitzy, money infested fashion accessory world - we are sporting rivals but I feel for them as genuine supporters), I was taken to Goodison from the age of 6 years old. I was here before the mega millionaires and whilst I have no control over the finances, and yes I know we as fins are getting shafted, I feel more like people who have been robbed than ones who have sold their soul. I may be priced out of it one day, i have already been priced out of away games, but while I can still afford to go and watch my team and mix with my like minded friends I will do.

I have never paid for a Sky package though. I consider the people who jumped onto the 1992 Premier League bandwagon and watch via Sky as fashionistas who provide the fuel for the moguls who have hijacked the game.

Roadhump

I have just used my calculator to divide £300,000 by 7, the result is £42,857.14. That is how much Rooney now earns per day...gulp!! Excluding any promotion deals etc.

Most people I know would grasp a yearly wage of that amount without hesitation. Some of the really wealthy people I know might earn 75% of that per month.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
...and a heart surgeon has skills most of us will never have, yet does he get £300k per week for saving lives? Be real and come back to earth and reality. Rooney and Co are not worth what they get, get greedy huggers and a waste of space in my world.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
...and a heart surgeon has skills most of us will never have, yet does he get £300k per week for saving lives? Be real and come back to earth and reality. Rooney and Co are not worth what they get, get greedy huggers and a waste of space in my world.
But the thing is, it entirely depends on what you mean by 'worth'. If you're using it in some kind of ethical sense, there's obviously no 'correct' answer. Who's to say? But in the land where Rooney lives, 'worth' is a matter for the marketplace, period. And as my Dad used to say when I asked him what old Victorian pennies that had come into my possession were worth, 'anything is worth what somebody else is prepared to pay for it'. Somebody has decided that Wayne Rooney is, to them, worth £300,000 a week. So he's worth it.

Top Bottom