£300000 per week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Football admission fees are excessive at all levels. .

That's not true. I paid £8.65 to watch Bradford beat MK Dons today, IMO that is too cheap. Lots of clubs have similar packages that make football very affordable, early season tickets, half season tickets, game packages etc.

What has, at some clubs, become disproportionately expensive, is the walk up cost for a single game..Watching Bradford at home costs me £8.65 but the reverse fixture costs £20-£28. crazy.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's not the taxpayer paying Rooney though. It's a private enterprise, paid by individuals and other private enterprises who willingly pay for whatever they are paying for, be it a seat, a shirt, tv airtime, him wearing their boots. Is it any more obscene than a film star getting $20m for a film for a few months work. It's about getting bums on seats for a private enterprise

Is an NHS GP worth 100k+ or every consultant in the NHS. Or a council chief exec, or a politician, or a police commissioner or a high court judge. All paid from the public purse.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It's not the taxpayer paying Rooney though. It's a private enterprise, paid by individuals and other private enterprises who willingly pay for whatever they are paying for, be it a seat, a shirt, tv airtime, him wearing their boots. Is it any more obscene than a film star getting $20m for a film for a few months work. It's about getting bums on seats for a private enterprise

Is an NHS GP worth 100k+ or every consultant in the NHS. Or a council chief exec, or a politician, or a police commissioner or a high court judge. All paid from the public puree.

FFS, we are talking about a bloke kicking a ball about, even if he can kick it better than others, but certainly not 300 k pw better.

vickster

Legendary Member
But people aren't paying for him to do that unless they choose to do so. I don't agree with it but no one is being deprived and so on through it happening. His private employer decided he was worth that to them so that's up,to them. They would have to pay 30m plus 200k a week to bring in replacement, they decided it was good business for them so what's the issue. You aren't paying his salary unless you have sky, buy Man U shirts or have a season ticket at old Trafford. Remember, that private company that employs him employs lots of other people who earn nothing like that...and he and they all pay lots and lots of tax

vickster

Legendary Member
This is equally obscene but I don't remember a thread about it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...salary-record--wages-steadily-increasing.html

Or these guys and I expect they now earn more

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/lawrence.rosenberg/33277/5-highest-paid-football-players-per-week

Or this dude who just drives a car quickly in circles, 19m a year! And he bloody lives in Monaco and pays no tax!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20452162

They are all funded from ticket sales, kit sales, sponsorship, tv

I have just used my calculator to divide £300,000 by 7, the result is £42,857.14. That is how much Rooney now earns per day...gulp!! Excluding any promotion deals etc.

Most people I know would grasp a yearly wage of that amount without hesitation. Some of the really wealthy people I know might earn 75% of that per month.

Wealthy people employ slimy accountants to minimise their exposure to tax, move it offshore, into trusts, all sorts of tricks to make the liability sometimes as low as 1%.

TVC

FFS, we are talking about a bloke kicking a ball about, even if he can kick it better than others, but certainly not 300 k pw better.
For just an hour and a half, that's if he doesn't get substituted. I remember a couple of years ago they had put a tracker on a player and were gushing about how he had run almost 10k during the match. 10k in an hour and a half, the missus and I do 10ks faster than that and we aren't supposed athletes.
I don't really like football, can you tell :thumbsup:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
That's not true. I paid £8.65 to watch Bradford beat MK Dons today, IMO that is too cheap. Lots of clubs have similar packages that make football very affordable, early season tickets, half season tickets, game packages etc.

What has, at some clubs, become disproportionately expensive, is the walk up cost for a single game..Watching Bradford at home costs me £8.65 but the reverse fixture costs £20-£28. crazy.
That is excellent and you are right that some clubs have schemes that make it more affordable. Everton have very good schemes for junior supporters and half season ticket deals, plus I get a significant discount for buying my ST early. I concede my statement is not entirely true, but overall I believe football admission prices to be overpriced and I feel paying £12 to watch non league football is too much.

There are stories from Germany that it is very cheap there, but that seems to be if you commit to watching a number of games, e.g. by season ticket or club membership schemes. A mate of mine goes over to see Bayern Munich a couple of times a season and pays around £40, but local fans get in for a lot less (can't remember how much he said it was, but it was much cheaper than the £40 or so he pays).

Footballers change direction. And I'm pretty sure you don't do this on your run:

wayne-rooney-bicycle-kick-gif-g27exhxw.gif

Top Bottom