£300000 per week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Oldfatfool was just using those as examples, to avoid using premier league football sponsors over the past few years you would have to avoid using mobile 'phones, most popular makes of car, Garmin... the list goes on,

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Spud Face is keeping a lot of people in business; tat merchants, car salesmen, grandma prostitutes, etc...

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I think he deserves more. He clearly hates Manchester United and their glory-hunting fans (not all of them by any means, not the decent Mancs - I mean the home-counties Rodneys) so should be paid more in penance. With the money he's making - which is WAY more than the £300,000 per week being complained about on here - he will end up actually owning, or will be a major stakeholder of, his REAL love.
His REAL love? I do believe his true love will always be Everton despite the stick he got from a lot of Toffees when he left, and still gets in declining measure from some Toffees.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Back to the OP - stop paying Sky, stop paying newspapers who fill their pages with football, stop paying inflated prices to go to matches, stop buying replica kit, etc.
Market forces will take care of the rest.
Not as simple as that. I've often thought of doing those things but then I think "why should I? Having been going the match for almost 50 years I was here before the greed that has ruined the game in the last 20 years". It was a massive part of my life then and still is now. I meet some good mates on match day and taking my son to the match from when he was 6 or 7 created a lasting bond and now he is in his mid 20s and lives away, it helps us make sure we keep in touch. Going to Wembley with him to the 2009 cup final was one of the best weekends of his life (so he tells me), even though we lost. If I stopped going to watch my team, not only would I no longer be able to do something I have enjoyed all my life (for myself) - there really is a big difference between watching at the ground and watching the same game live on T.V., but a huge part of my social life would disappear.

Herbie

Veteran
This is absolutely scandalous, Man Utd are paying Rooney over a quarter of a million EVERY week, he is already a multi, multi millionaire and does not need any more money, why not just accept a lower offer and pour the rest into British sports or another worthwhile charity...........he should hang his head in shame the greedy b******

Its obscene right enough....hes not a bad player but hes no Tom Finney

screenman

Legendary Member
What really gets in the way of somebody earning a good living, obviously this case is quite an extreme example. I know in my trade more effort and time on my part could enhance my income maybe even double it, but I am comfortable, so I totally blame myself.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
United had to keep him. They needed to put out a statement that despite their current poor for they could still keep/attract world class players. This has become more important as the liklihood is they will not qualify for the Champions League this year.
In terms of the wage he was on £250,000 per week before this. So not the greatest of rises albeit nice for him.
Rooney could have walked for free in 12 to 18 months so although the total wages paid to him would be greater than signing him as a new player they are offset a lot by not having to sign a forward of his calibre.

nuttall1991

read it and weep -

payslip.jpg

I only cycled around Prestbury the other week! Ended up going past a VERY large house/garden. Took a good 3/4 minutes to get round it if that gives any perspective! Maybe it was Mr Tevez's house lol

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I never mentioned NI but will admit I hadn't realised that the higher rate of tax had dropped so much. (never been in a position to be effected!)

Average wage in the UK is still only £26.5k btw. so to say average NI would be £10k is still way out.

above £32k earning you are into 40% tax bracket! Above £150k its 45% tax!

PaulB

Legendary Member
No.

Not even close to being the same.

Buying a bike you obtain a tangible and resellable object - not something you can do with a cold, wet, cramped view of the back of someone's head with the occasional 'brief' glimpse of one of 22 footballers 80 yards away.......
I stay away from threads about heavy metal music since I know nothing about it. I'd respectfully suggest you do the same about football for the same reasons.

Top Bottom