£350 to spend on a single speed - what to get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Edinburgh revolution track is a decent bike but a little heavy. On the lower end of the scale there's the Viking racemaster, it looks lovely with a retro paint scheme but again it'll weigh a ton.
I suspect you are right; I've got the Viking Road FX SS, the 53cm of it is 13kg, I've got the 56cm :ohmy: Its fun though ;)

djb1971

Legendary Member
I suspect you are right; I've got the Viking Road FX SS, the 53cm of it is 13kg, I've got the 56cm :ohmy: Its fun though ;)

A bargain for less than £200! I looked at them online but not seeing one in the flesh stopped me from buying. 13 kgs is on the heavy side but once rolling on fixed, who cares ! I may still get one and run it fixed over winter, I love the pale blue colour scheme on the racemaster.

A bargain for less than £200! I looked at them online but not seeing one in the flesh stopped me from buying. 13 kgs is on the heavy side but once rolling on fixed, who cares ! I may still get one and run it fixed over winter, I love the pale blue colour scheme on the racemaster.
I've done 875miles on mine in the two and a bit months I've had mine, its great fun indeed; I've not plucked up the courage to go fixed yet though. I think when I get my geared bike, I'll convert it to fixed.

OP
OP
park1

park1

OP
OP
park1

park1

Meant to say thanks alex11, umm that does look very nice. Size wise advert says its medium which is ok up to 6'1". Do you think thats right?

Alex11

Yes that should be fine size wise.

I've always been after a Bowery! That's the latest model too, perfect condition etc. you could just get the train up to Bristol and get the guy to meet you at Temple Meads?

steve broughton

The Edinburgh revolution track is a decent bike but a little heavy.

I've a Revolution I'm 6' 3" and weigh 104 kg define heavy? lol I really like it and for the money i think its great value.

Dan_h

Yes that should be fine size wise.

I've always been after a Bowery! That's the latest model too, perfect condition etc. you could just get the train up to Bristol and get the guy to meet you at Temple Meads?

I have one of those, that is the steel version (the previous models were all aluminium), I highly reccomend it, go and buy it!! I have had mine for about 6 months now and done everything from an 160k audax to a 10 mile time trial on it. Planning to take it to the track in a couple of weeks as well, a fine machine IMHO

Paul J

3 miles? Personally I'd walk

Why walk if you can ride a bike! It's not the distance you ride but how much fun you have while riding.;)

I'd be tempted by the Edinburgh revolution track after riding my sons. They do a belt drive version as well but it might be a little too expensive.:sad:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just to throw another hat into the ring, when I was in my local Halfords up in Edinburgh I noticed they have the Boardman fixed road bike at a reduced price of £250, now that to me was a bargain. Very nice bike with Richey finishing kit??!! Even has room for full mudguards the lot. Worth checking out your local store? Cannot see it online so might just be getting rid of stock??

Just to throw another hat into the ring, when I was in my local Halfords up in Edinburgh I noticed they have the Boardman fixed road bike at a reduced price of £250, now that to me was a bargain. Very nice bike with Richey finishing kit??!! Even has room for full mudguards the lot. Worth checking out your local store? Cannot see it online so might just be getting rid of stock??
The Muppets in the Dunfermline branch, didn't think Hellfrauds sold fixies any more!

Top Bottom