£5 tyre boot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Not yet, I did use one to buy 10 tubes from Halford though. :thumbsup:

I believe there is enough junk next to the road to make a boot from. Irn Brew bottles, milk bottles, Costa coffee cups - all of them make very effective tyre boots. you just need to carry a knife or small pair of scissors with you. My "weapon" of choice is a tiny leatherman with a blade small enough to convince even the sternest cop that it is for cleaning nails and trimming cuticles only.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I believe there is enough junk next to the road to make a boot from. Irn Brew bottles, milk bottles, Costa coffee cups - all of them make very effective tyre boots. you just need to carry a knife or small pair of scissors with you. My "weapon" of choice is a tiny leatherman with a blade small enough to convince even the sternest cop that it is for cleaning nails and trimming cuticles only.
Given what happened today in Paris, I'm not sure that I would be cleaning my nails in public with a knife, no matter how small!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm not sure that I would be cleaning my pubics with a knife, no matter how small!
I know ,i'm pathetic :smile:

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
That's (£5) a bit expensive. My tyre boot costs 99p and wears the Colgate logo. I also get free toothpaste with it.
- and I carry a small rectangle of roofing felt. But I did wonder if the new fiver was up to the job - obviously only to be used as a very last resort :okay:

Top Bottom