£50 Fine for having bin stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hounslow council are now fining you if you are a victim of crime... my mate had his bin 'stolen' last week (put it outside his garden for collection and and when he got home it had gone). Council now want £50 to replace it apparently and won't collect his rubbish unless it is in one of their bins...

Drago

Legendary Member
Each week I'd drop my bin bags off in the councils reception until they provided a new one .

Well yeah but who else should pay?

Mine was 18quid for a new one and only recently did I figure out which house stole it

Getaway driver

JVPhN6m6.jpg

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
Well yeah but who else should pay?

Mine was 18quid for a new one and only recently did I figure out which house stole it
Well teh council insist in it being in their branded bins... so I guess the council? The only way I can see this idea going is people who's bins are nicked/not returned will just go out and take one of a neighbour...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The kids are up to this ?

731140-thoona-bin-race.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
I would accept the rules and pay up. Although I think a third of what we pay in council tax goes towards pension I would like to think the rest is managed as carefully.

U

User33236

Round here the blue, brown and pink bins get replaced FOC but there's a £25 'administration and delivery charge' for the black ones. The first three are for recyclable items and the latter for general waste.

Lonestar

Veteran
Is there a way of marking these bins? One of mine disapeared a few years back but I managed to find it.

I mean I've got a number on mine but is this sufficient?

keithmac

Guru
I found a load of brand new recycling tubs at the local skip/ recycling centre.

Quite luck as one doesn't quite cut it for two weeks worth of larger cans..

Top Bottom