£50 Fine for having bin stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
In a cruel irony, we got home tonight and went to fetch our bin from the end of the ginnel (it's bin day) and found it split open along the front, virtually from top to bottom. It can only have been done by the bin waggon and it's mechanical grabbers, but having looked on the council website it's going to cost us to replace it. :cursing:

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
In a cruel irony, we got home tonight and went to fetch our bin from the end of the ginnel (it's bin day) and found it split open along the front, virtually from top to bottom. It can only have been done by the bin waggon and it's mechanical grabbers, but having looked on the council website it's going to cost us to replace it. :cursing:
perhaps you could report a case of criminal damage to the police...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4798343, member: 45"]"Mean" suggests that they're withholding money. Councils' ability to provide essential services are weakening by the day, and its only going to get worse. There's not enough money.[/QUOTE]
The two councils I have some knowledge of withdrew their bins and bags well over ten years ago.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4798383, member: 45"]What were they doing with the money they were saving on bags?[/QUOTE]
No idea. Ensuring the pensions were still generous?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4798410, member: 45"]"Generous" council pensions were gone by not long after the turn of the century. Contracted remuneration for retired workers continues.[/QUOTE]
If "contracted remuneration for retired workers" means I don't get a simple dustbin, I'm still unhappy. The lack of bin bags doesn't make me feel any better either.

ayceejay

Guru
When wheelie bins were first introduced here for recycilng mine was duly filled and wheeled to the road on bin day. When I got back there was a notice stuck on the still full bin. Unknown to me the wheels should be facing the house not the street, So the jobsworth got out of the truck and stuck this notice on the bin without turning it or emptying it. I HAD BEEN TOLD

Profpointy

Legendary Member
If "contracted remuneration for retired workers" means I don't get a simple dustbin, I'm still unhappy. The lack of bin bags doesn't make me feel any better either.

Well contracted pensions is actually wages paid later. You'd be pretty hard done by if you worked for a number of years on the basis of £x now plus and extra £y at an agreed time in the future and then they decided not to pay the future bit.

I have never worked for a public sector nor have a guaranteed pension but it'd be much the same as deciding the steal my pension pot a la Maxwell

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Well contracted pensions is actually wages paid later. You'd be pretty hard done by if you worked for a number of years on the basis of £x now plus and extra £y at an agreed time in the future and then they decided not to pay the future bit.

I have never worked for a public sector nor have a guaranteed pension but it'd be much the same as deciding the steal my pension pot a la Maxwell
Fair dos, but see it from my perspective. We pay north of £2000 pa in Council Tax and we don't even get a single frigging black plastic bag, OK? Surely I'm allowed to be just faintly grumpy?

I guess it really boils down to whether or not my black bin bag is more important to them than their pensions.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Which of the three contractors clears yours?

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
When wheelie bins were first introduced here for recycilng mine was duly filled and wheeled to the road on bin day. When I got back there was a notice stuck on the still full bin. Unknown to me the wheels should be facing the house not the street, So the jobsworth got out of the truck and stuck this notice on the bin without turning it or emptying it. I HAD BEEN TOLD
Were the words "resistance is futile" written at the bottom?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
He may not need a new bin as in June Hounslow are giving us boxes :hyper: We are getting a red one and a blue one to go with the green one and the food waste one .
These will look good next to the bin i already have plus the garden waste bin i pay £50 per year for and the two Sita private bins i hire for my trade waste .
I'll need to park on the road to keep the garden clear for bins and boxes :wacko:

Top Bottom