£50 Fine for having bin stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I found a load of brand new recycling tubs at the local skip/ recycling centre.

Quite luck as one doesn't quite cut it for two weeks worth of larger cans..
Do the smaller beer cans fit better? :whistle:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Well teh council insist in it being in their branded bins... so I guess the council? The only way I can see this idea going is people who's bins are nicked/not returned will just go out and take one of a neighbour...

Our (previous) next door neighbour did this to us when his bin went "missing" (there was a spate of the bin waggons swallowing them and a council dictat that the crew weren't allowed to fish the bin out if it ended up in the back of the truck) - the cheeky sod just took our bin instead, despite it having our house number on the lid in marker pen.

Luckily for him he wasn't in when we got home and discovered his incompetent subterfuge, so I just liberated it back over the fence.
Mrs ND tells me his face was a picture when he did get home and spotted that the bin had been returned to it's rightful owner and was now emblazoned with a nice stripe of some green paint I had in the shed to deter further shenanigans.

Mind you, he had such a brass neck that he just went out and took someone else's bin from further down the street.

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
Our food recycling bin was "removed" and replaced with one that was filthy with a broken lid and inhabited with a family of snails :ohmy:
Phoned Aberdeenshire Council and replaced promptly at no cost :smile:
Scotland... far more civilised in so many ways over the border...

Drago

Legendary Member
So someone steals a piece of council property, and then home owner has to pay the council for their loss? I just don't geddit.

screenman

Legendary Member
So someone steals a piece of council property, and then home owner has to pay the council for their loss? I just don't geddit.

But we are the council money suppliers, I honestly do not want them to waste what they have off of me each year. £1850 in case you wanted to know.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
That is a very interesting slant on it, who actually owns the bin?.
On the back of ours it says "This bin is on loan to...", I believe it's so that if you pay your council tax by cheque they can swap it with one that has "OUTDATED WAN.KER" written on the side in permanent marker.

Top Bottom