£500 to spend on first road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
j20nyh

j20nyh

Or find a shop that sells the Felt, sit on it and see (also what they can do on price)

Just spoke to a guy on the phone, relatively close to where I live that stocks Felt and he was convinced I would be a 54cm - not sure if that was because he had no 51cm in stock but will probably drive down at the weekend and take it for a spin before commiting.

Drago

Legendary Member
Vickster is right. I'm much taller with chimpanzees arms, so what works for me may not for you. Despite my recommendations I'd still urge you at the very least to go sit on a few, and ride them if possible.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just spoke to a guy on the phone, relatively close to where I live that stocks Felt and he was convinced I would be a 54cm - not sure if that was because he had no 51cm in stock but will probably drive down at the weekend and take it for a spin before commiting.
Just don't do that and then buy cheaply from Wiggle, that's very bad form ;)

OP
OP
j20nyh

j20nyh

Just don't do that and then buy cheaply from Wiggle, that's very bad form ;)

I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing! :rolleyes:

He did say he could knock £150 off the RRP of £799 as it's a 2014 model but that still means i'd be £149 lighter than need be.

jack smith

Veteran
As a general rule always go smaller if your between sizes you can make a bike feel bigger quite easy but if the frame is too bike to start with youll struggle, as said above standard tyres are ususally rubbish so you could pick up something nicer the felt is nice in red mind shame they dont have it in

Drago

Legendary Member
That's what I did!

In my defence, I was intending to buy from the shop and spotted Wiggled price online after I'd already had a test ride. I range the shop and they wouldn't deal at all, so Wiggle got my business. I wasn't expecting a price match, but a little bit of movement would've been nice. They pay the same for them as Wiggle do, and while the shop has its own overheads Wiggle Chuck in free postage worth 30 or 40 quid, so it evens out.

jack smith

Veteran
Atleast see if he can get it to around £50 quid more than wiggle as thats what other stockists seem to be at that stock the red and maybe he can also sort the tyres ect for you

OP
OP
j20nyh

j20nyh

Damn, I can't find a 51cm in Race Red anywhere!

Just my luck. :sad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
j20nyh

j20nyh

Nothing on Merlin and only 54cm in Race Red on Wiggle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom