£500 to spend on first road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I guess you'll need to see how the 54cm fits

I wouldn't get a bike that feels too big, having had chronic tennis elbow requiring surgery after having had one!

Cyclist33

The Felt has Tiagra, the Vitus Sora so it's a no brainer on groupset

And it's a far better colour

The Galaxy Black model is nicer :tongue:

AndyRM

XOXO
Mine has a tiny little "Made in the USA" decal on the seat tube, just below the cross bar.

Would "assembled in the USA" be more truthful?

Yup.

The inconvenient truth that a lot of owners don't like is that most bike frames aren't created anywhere near the country of 'origin'. Manufacturers cloud the water using white-ish lies to claim provenance.

AndyRM

XOXO
OP
OP
j20nyh

j20nyh

After spending a few hours looking at various different bikes online, for the money, I don't think anything is going to be able to top the Felt F85, I guess it's just a case of going to the bike shop at the weekend and seeing if the 54cm frame is suitable.

If It feels too big i'll go for the 51cm frame and put up with having another black bike.

Last edited:

rd83

Mine has a tiny little "Made in the USA" decal on the seat tube, just below the cross bar.

Would "assembled in the USA" be more truthful?
I think so. I have "Designed in California" on the underside of the downtube, and "Made in Cambodia" on top of the downtube above the bottom bracket. Possibly changed with model year. This has prompted me to read up and feel slightly guilty now as some bike manufacturers are moving operations to Cambodia from Taiwan where the minimum wage is even less and something about no EU tariff to pay.

The black is very nice and glossy, and has some nice dark grey, blue and white decals.

Top Bottom