£7600 dram of whisky was a fake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Someone who can afford to?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not at all. But anyone who spends £7,600 on a shot of whisky is a tosser.

Well I would say that you have nice things that in the eyes of others less fortunate then you are expensive. So that makes you a tosser too right?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well I would say that you have nice things that in the eyes of others less fortunate then you are expensive. So that makes you a tosser too right?
You're assuming that I said yes. Whereas if you read carefully you'll find I said 'not at all', which is not quite the same thing.

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
Rob. I'll ask you too.
Why is he a tosser**?
Because I suspect that that kind of spending involves a large element of ostentation and boasting about one's wealth, which I find distasteful. Also, considering a single drink to be worth that much I think suggests a seriously skewed appreciation of the value of money.

**OK, tosser is a value-laden word, and not one to be used if speaking seriously, but these are the reasons I find this behaviour slightly disturbing.

I wonder if people enjoy a shot of Scotch more when the believe it is worth £7,600 than when they believe it is worth, say, "only" £10?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Because I suspect that that kind of spending involves a large element of ostentation and boasting about one's wealth, which I find distasteful. Also, considering a single drink to be worth that much I think suggests a seriously skewed appreciation of the value of money.

**OK, tosser is a value-laden word, and not one to be used if speaking seriously, but these are the reasons I find this behaviour slightly disturbing.

I don't see him boasting of his wealth at all. In fact it's a really nice story.
Many people think that Rapha is far too expensive and people are ridiculed for it. It's the same thing.

I have a very expensive bike. Is that ostentatious and boasting?

Top Bottom