£7600 dram of whisky was a fake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry, but how do you know this ? For all we know, they knew it wasn't real.

Surely you mean they were found out.

After all the publicity surrounding the findings, they had little choice.

Of course. Prestige companies like the seller of the whiskey make a habit of ripping off their customers and would be happy to have their reputations tarnished. The company did all the right things to make a wrong right, publicity or not.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Of course. Prestige companies like the seller of the whiskey make a habit of ripping off their customers and would be happy to have their reputations tarnished. The company did all the right things to make a wrong right, publicity or not.

The "Prestige company" didn't sell him the Whiskey - the Hotel did

I dare say everyone in here as paid over the odds for something knowing full well it's not really worth the extra cash. The only real difference is the scale. But the scale would be meaningless if you're that wealthy.

The person in the story wanted to know what an incredibly expensive glass of whisky tastes like. He could afford to satisfy that curiosity without noticing it so did.

You may choose to spend your money more carefully. It's his money. Who gives a toss what you lot think about their money and how it's spent? I certainly don't.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Surely you mean they were found out.

When the hotel was alerted to the possibility that the whisky was fake, they themselves sent it to the experts for examination and assessment (and this would have been done at a cost). And once they learned the whisky didn't correspond with the label, they took the necessary steps to refund the man his money.

When a business makes a mistake, it's wise not to judge them for that but for the way they fix it. This hotel did everything to make this right.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Has nobody mentioned that whisky is vile?

:eek:

Now that IS worth a slap

You must be drinking the wrong ones.

Fair enough, not £7,600 a shot - but you have to go beyond Bells and Teachers :okay:

green1

Über Member
I'm sorry, but if you are implying that "prestige" companies (and the employees thereof) are above reproach, then we are in for a very long thread of list making
No I'm implying that they have far more to lose with a tarnished reputation than a company at the budget end of the market do.

MiK1138

Veteran
You may choose to spend your money more carefully. It's his money. Who gives a toss what you lot think about their money and how it's spent? I certainly don't.[/QUOTE]

exactly, I'd probably pay £7k for a bike, knowing I would only get marginal gains as its still my legs and lungs that need to power it, but I also know Mrs Mik would mutilate in me in such ways as I would never ride the thing

That so many here don't get it is sad. He is using his money well, to have experiences that are impossible for almost everybody. I would love to taste a 100 old whisky because I would like to know what it tastes like. I would love the connection with distillers working before my grandparents were born. How would it taste, how have the years affected it.

What use is $16.8m/year if you don't use some of it to experience new things?

Top Bottom