£7600 dram of whisky was a fake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
So he's a tosser for buying an expensive whiskey which he can afford and many people can't.

Tell me, why do people get ridiculed for buying things that they can quite comfortably afford and enjoy.
I'm not sure they do. Do they? I for one have no problem with people buying things that they can quite comfortably afford and enjoy. I still say anyone who spends seven and a half grand on a whisky is a tosser. We're clearly not going to see eye to eye on this, so let's let it be.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Funny thing is, he enjoyed it more when he thought it was worth £7,600, than when it was indeed almost worthless

No he didn't. Did you read the story.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not sure they do. Do they? I for one have no problem with people buying things that they can quite comfortably afford and enjoy. I still say anyone who spends seven and a half grand on a whisky is a tosser. We're clearly not going to see eye to eye on this, so let's let it be.

How many times are people ridiculed on the very forum for buying Rapha for instance?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
He got ripped off. He may have had a refund, but that was only down to the intervention of others.

OK. You haven't read the story so let me explain it to you so you understand.

Chap buys something expensive .
Company sells item sold in good faith and intentions.
Company that sold item finds out item was not as originally thought.
Company explains to customer and refunds the customers money.

Now, please explain to everyone how this is being ripped off?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don’t think he said anything about being ripped off but thanked the hotel for its honesty and said he enjoyed his time in Switzerland. If you earn £16m a year buying something like this is fairly inconsequential. If he can afford it why shouldn’t he indulge himself, it doesn’t make him a fool.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Company sells item sold in good faith and intentions.

Sorry, but how do you know this ? For all we know, they knew it wasn't real.

Company that sold item finds out item was not as originally thought.

Surely you mean they were found out.

Company explains to customer and refunds the customers money.

After all the publicity surrounding the findings, they had little choice.

MiK1138

Veteran
:rolleyes: Oh dear, Grasshopper. The price of everything ... the value of nothing. The thing he can tell his grandchildren is that he once paid £7600 for a glass of whisky.
Yeah and without context his Grandkids will call him a tosser like many on here, where's the VALUE in paying that money for something he could have had for £20 he paid for the kudos of drinking something not many others will and that is what was stolen from him

Top Bottom