£97million Ferrari sold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
marinyork, why do they earn so little?

it is part and parcel of a race to the bottom enabled by rigged markets that favour the minority vested interests. It comes back to the most fundamental description of how any given pot is divided up.

Whatever value is attributed to something the distribution equation - value = time + skills + resource always applies.

Viewed another way then you get - 100% = time% + skills% + resource%

This is really basic stuff and has nothing to do with left/right or ideology of any flavour. Therefore whenever anyone wants a bigger cut of the pie based on the resources they bring to the party or their skillset then something else has to give...the %ages still need to add up to 100.

Based on a recent holiday, I've decided I want a hot tub in my back yard. Do I have permission to try and earn a little more money to pay for one? ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
You certainly have my permission, I totally believe in rewarding those that make an effort over and above the average.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
"all of the people richer than myself I know are cleverer in one way or another than me."​

Actually, I'm prepared to believe this...

...so are all the people poorer than him but the jury's out on those equally as well endowed.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Nihal, your opinion is as valid as anyone elses... so don't always accept that the person criticising you is necessarily right.

It isn't necessary to drive a V12 engined car to know beforehand that it's unnecessarily ostentatious.

screenman

Legendary Member
Adrian, 5 ex-civil servants in the family now on nice pensions, so not need to read the Wail.

Nihal, I did not for one minute think you sounded harsh or rude, so no apology needed, keep to your views you are certainly entitled to them, the fact that I or others might not agree with them should certainly not change them.

Archie-tect, ostentatious yes certainly, but very nice all the same.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Adrian, 5 ex-civil servants in the family now on nice pensions, so not need to read the Wail.
EX civil servants NOW on nice pensions.

Can I point out a slight hole in your argument? Unless you've invented a time machine.

Nihal

Veteran
Nihal, I did not for one minute think you sounded harsh or rude, so no apology needed, keep to your views you are certainly entitled to them, the fact that I or others might not agree with them should certainly not change them.

Archie-tect, ostentatious yes certainly, but very nice all the same.
:cheers:

screenman

Legendary Member
srw, Civil service pensions will always be better than the majority in the private sector will ever get, but we have done this over and over before.

Top Bottom