…and now Prince…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
WHAT... just got home from work. Prince playing on the radio... all is well in the world, then an announcement of The Prince Story playing on 6 music from midnight tonight... all is well in the world... then, the news!!!!

Saw him on the Hit & Run tour... he was fantastic. The music world has lost someone very special indeed. The band in heaven has gained one hell of a guitarist and front man.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
This is yet another great shock to music lovers & to me as music is such an important part of my life.

I probably only have 5 or maybe 6 Prince albums & confess I haven't given them a listen for quite some time.

In latter years I bought a couple of his CD'S 'just because it's Prince' & was largely underwhelmed, though maybe because I felt so privileged to hear the early stuff.

Sad loss *again*

RIP AFKA Prince.

U

User169

From Viz..

"Sound of rapid typing from Tony Parsehole's house"

^_^

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The greatest talent since Hemdrix, but there was a lot more to Prince than talent. I doubt that any other musician has arrived as a fully-formed impresario.

Nils Lofgren (no mean judge) said that if you played long enough you would be able to play anything that you thought, but that Hendrix just thought differently. The same can be said of Prince, but, unlike Hendrix, he had the time and the influence to warp, wrap, twist and turn music in such diverse and subtle ways that, even when he quoted himself and others in a self-mocking, camp fashion it was never, ever, anything but interesting. '1999's sell-by date is clearly long gone, but try as you might, you'll find nothing lazy or pre-ordained about the later performances.

And the clothes...

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Imagine the fact that a group of professionals of his standard chose YOUR track to display their credentials

Kudos to George Harrison
Talented musicians that they all are, His Royal Purpleness made them all look like they had one finger and half a brain, didn't he?

Prince was never really my taste in music, but I have sneaked "nothing compares 2 u" in at a couple of open mic nights since the news broke..... Made a change from my usual folk songs repertoire!

Top Bottom