1 in 3 Men Can't See Own (you know what)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Presumably then, using that argument, if you inured yourself in the gym then you should pay for private health care? And if any of us fall off our bikes, then so should we! In fact, extending it ... only those with unavoidable illnesses, genetic defects, or the victims of criminals or acts of God should be treated on the NHS? :whistle:
I'd have to injure myself pretty bad for my waist go to from 34-36 and bloat out to exceed my 54" chest. I'd have to be disabled abd console myself morning noon and night with burgers to do that! I feel sick at the thought of eating that much.

subaqua

What’s the point
The two seldom go together..... or so appearances might suggest at least......it is estimated that for every stone a man is overweight his penile length will appear to be 1inch shorter.
my wife confirms that since i lost weight my willy does indeed look bigger. thatnkfully it hasn't grown any bigger or it would be immense rather than huge- her words not mine .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd have to injure myself pretty bad for my waist go to from 34-36 and bloat out to exceed my 54" chest. I'd have to be disabled abd console myself morning noon and night with burgers to do that! I feel sick at the thought of eating that much.
What I'm suggesting is that we all do things that might not be good for us, but do we really want to say that only the 'worthy' get treated when they are ill? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and all that ...

No health care for smokers, fat people, alcoholics, junkies, cycling or gym casualties ... How about careless people who don't watch where they are walking, trip over and break an arm or leg? People who are depressed and attempt suicide - should they just be told to snap out of it or be allowed to die?

I've been fat, I've been thin and I'm currently in between, but I've been a human being the whole time. When I got seriously ill in the summer, probably only a few days away from death, I was borderline obese. Fortunately for me, my local NHS medics didn't take a tape measure to my waist, they just stuck ECG pads on my chest, a needle in my arm and got on with treating me. And I am very grateful for that.

When I make my recovery, I will do my best not to get fat again, but that is a personal choice and if I need any more treatment while I am still overweight, I hope that the doctors don't decide that I don't deserve it.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
What I'm suggesting is that we all do things that might not be good for us, but do we really want to say that only the 'worthy' get treated when they are ill? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and all that ...

No health care for smokers, fat people, alcoholics, junkies, cycling or gym casualties ... How about careless people who don't watch where they are walking, trip over and break an arm or leg? People who are depressed and attempt suicide - should they just be told to snap out of it or be allowed to die?

I've been fat, I've been thin and I'm currently in between, but I've been a human being the whole time. When I got seriously ill in the summer, probably only a few days away from death, I was borderline obese. Fortunately for me, my local NHS medics didn't take a tape measure to my waist, they just stuck ECG pads on my chest, a needle in my arm and got on with treating me. And I am very grateful for that.

When I make my recovery, I will do my best not to get fat again, but that is a personal choice and if I need any more treatment while I am still overweight, I hope that the doctors don't decide that I don't deserve it.

Spot on Colin!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Years ago I took out an endowment policy - but it didn't achieve the growth I hoped for!

Drago

Legendary Member

In my defense old chap I was makjng cavaets for the infirm etc.

It is your choice to bloat out if that is what you wish - it's my choice as a taxpayer not to be happy about funding healthcare for people with lard induced illnesses.

tyred

Legendary Member
It is your choice to bloat out if that is what you wish - it's my choice as a taxpayer not to be happy about funding healthcare for people with lard induced illnesses.

I think that's a bit strong.

Everyone makes poor choices from time to time. The reasons people start to over-eat, smoke, drink or take drugs are often very complex but it's very difficult to stop doing it. Do you seriously believe anyone wants to put themselves at an increased risk of disease??

The fact remains that everyone, fat or thin, drinker or non-drinker, smoker or non-smoker require medical care from time to time and I consider it very unfair to discriminate. Consider the taxes added to tobacco and alcohol products. Smokers and drinkers pay for their medical care and require less state pensions.

tadpole

In my defense old chap I was makjng cavaets for the infirm etc.

I feel the same about drug users, be it in the street or the gym. People who use any kind of 'riods to improve themselves should have to save up to pay for medical treatment for the whole of the rest of their lives. AS the choices they make now, will cost more to deal with when they are older/infirm/sick

OP
OP
Oldspice

Oldspice

2150119 said:
If drivers had to underwrite all the risks and costs they are responsible for, how much would their insurance policies cost? SRW?
:smile:If people come to the conclusion that people who are over weight or take drugs should pay more tax, why not branch it out to everyone.
People do something everyday that puts there health at risk ,regardless of it being a voluntary act, subconscious act or something that is beyond there control but can still be classed as being irresponsible.
Just looking at the big picture.

PS sorry i do not know what SRW means

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
2150119 said:
If drivers had to underwrite all the risks and costs they are responsible for, how much would their insurance policies cost? SRW?
drivers kind of do this. There is a stipend on insurance providers to pay into the MIB to *insure* uninsured drivers and that gets passed onto those of us honest enough to insure our vehicles. I'd also be astonished if we don't pay through our premiums for the costs which can be recovered by theNHS for at least the initial treatment of motor accident victim

Top Bottom