100% 'Deposit' - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Looking at Brompton website, it’s Cycle Republic or Evans
Ahh, not quite - ! The GLW has put her order in with Pedal Pushers of Ipswich. Not too far down the road and with e-mail / phone communication, they were very helpful; much more so than Cycle Republic. And they are an APPROVED Brompton stockist - ! :thumbsup:
Also means we can spend an hour or two strolling round the 'fair' town of Ipswich - ! :rofl:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If it's Pedal Power in Ipswich, they're on the Woodbridge Road heading out of town (behind Foxwood Tiles) and I've had a couple of dealings with them and been very impressed.

The good news is that you therefore avoid Ipswich own centre and, when you leave the shop, I'd keep going on down the Woodbridge Road to Woodbridge itself for a much better time.

D

Deleted member 26715

Could well be down to Cycle Republic website, that it has never been programmed to accept part payments, it's all or nothing, no idea never been on it, but it's a thought.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Interesting thing about this whole business is that when I ordered my Brompton from my LBS about four years ago; since retired, I wasn't asked for a single penny deposit. all paid for on delivery of said bike. :thumbsup: The proprietor knew me, but I wasn't a regular customer, so in the end, it goes down to a modicum of trust.

D

Deleted member 26715

Interesting thing about this whole business is that when I ordered my Brompton from my LBS about four years ago; since retired, I wasn't asked for a single penny deposit. all paid for on delivery of said bike. :thumbsup: The proprietor knew me, but I wasn't a regular customer, so in the end, it goes down to a modicum of trust.
Yes & if you are trading online then there is only one course of action, Trust No-one!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got my Brompton from Dales in Glasgow. So far as I remember they asked for £100 deposit and balance when ready for delivery. All done on line and phone.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Yes & if you are trading online then there is only one course of action, Trust No-one!
Ne'er was there a truer word spoken - ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom