100% 'Deposit' - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Nice if we could still do that. everything I send out now has to be signed for at the other end, guess why.
But if you were getting a 50% non refundable deposit, it would still be £550. I doubt if a customer would pay £550 and not go through with the purchase.

Rudiculous, only put £500 down on a £25k car that was a factory order due to options.

screenman

Legendary Member
But if you were getting a 50% non refundable deposit, it would still be £550. I doubt if a customer would pay £550 and not go through with the purchase.

I have 8% margin in some of my products. I do agree with you on the 50% though as I can resell. My original point was I would not mind paying up front for the bike in full using a credit card.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have 8% margin in some of my products. I do agree with you on the 50% though as I can resell. My original point was I would not mind paying up front for the bike in full using a credit card.
At which time it ceases to be a deposit, which is what it was called.

screenman

Legendary Member
There is an Evans in Norwich, order it from them.

They have many Bromptons on display in the Martlesham/Ipswich Evans. Spend an hour in the car and take a look

That may cost more than the £1.67 interest.

Having spent most of my life in car parts the amount of special order parts that never got collected and subsequently became a cost to the business when they were thrown out twelve months down the line runs into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

At any new dealership we purchased 100% up front on special orders would be implemented.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm a bit confused withthis..
Order a bike online and pay in full.

Order in store and pay a deposit.

That's how I've always done it unless you can pay a 10% deposit at the online checkout.
I've bought cars and vans like this from Motorpoint then pay in full after seeing the goods.
Locally deposit.
Bikes and any large ticket item.

Cant see why a bike is any different, it may have a ding or scratch, bent derailleur at point of collection?

Always pay deposit via credit card.

As @Smokin Joe has said if the company goes pop its a bloody nightmare if you didn't use a CC

mattobrien

Guru
But the OP wanted particular spec.
Without knowing the exact spec required by the OP I cannot comment on stock availability of that spec at any store. And seeing as it isn’t me looking to buy this specific bike, nor can I be bothered to do anymore of the OP’s homework for them.

As much as anything my earlier post wanted to suggest that there is more than one Brompton dealer in Norwich, so options on where to buy from.

vickster

Legendary Member
Without knowing the exact spec required by the OP I cannot comment on stock availability of that spec at any store. And seeing as it isn’t me looking to buy this specific bike, nor can I be bothered to do anymore of the OP’s homework for them.

As much as anything my earlier post wanted to suggest that there is more than one Brompton dealer in Norwich, so options on where to buy from.
Looking at Brompton website, it’s Cycle Republic or Evans

Top Bottom