100 km ride from Hebden Bridge, Sat 17th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
More pics-
We are popular.jpg
Colin conquers another hill.jpg
Large and large.jpg
Scalped.jpg
Steve and Al.jpg

potsy

Rambler
Cafe stop-
View from the cafe.jpg
Al\'s spoonful of beans.jpg
Colin\'s veggie meal.jpg
Diet breakfast.jpg
Steve\'s full brekky and DIET coke.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for the company lads - I would have stayed at home and gone back to bed this morning if I hadn't been meeting you! As mentioned above, the weather was actually very kind to us until the last 30 minutes or so. We often came across very wet roads which showed us that we had just missed heavy rain showers.

The Old Roman Road climb has left my legs feeling a bit battered, but at least I rode up it this time.

Definitely not a late night for me tonight!

See y'all on April 1st for our imperial century ride from Whalley.

potsy

Rambler
sussed it i know where it is, the climb from the kettle drum pub junction up onto the causeway.
If you say so :biggrin:
Shaun, Colin had his 'heavy' jacket on again, it looked heavier than ever :giggle:

Just noticed Al doing the 'standing on tiptoes' thing, thought he wasn't that much taller than me :laugh:

Alun

Guru
If you say so :biggrin:
Shaun, Colin had his 'heavy' jacket on again, it looked heavier than ever :giggle:

Just noticed Al doing the 'standing on tiptoes' thing, thought he wasn't that much taller than me :laugh:
I was just stretching my calf muscles! A good day out, thanks to all for waiting for me.
Who was that random chap on the sit up and beg that flew up the hill after Spring Wood?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

come on colin where is the hill your waving your fist at the top of.
It's the little climb from Slack on the way up to Colden. All my gesture really demonstrated was that potsy had plenty of time to get up there first, whip out his camera and take the pictures!
Who was that random chap on the sit up and beg that flew up the hill after Spring Wood?
Well, I think it was a hybrid bike, but it was a bit telling wasn't it! The 4 of us were standing about at the top of the hill, groaning and getting our breath back, when an OAP comes whizzing up the hill and past us as if it had been 2% not 20%! I'm just wondering now if he had electric motor assistance? If he didn't, then he was one fit old dude!

ianmac62

Guru
Hi ColinJ, I can't find the thread where you gave me advice about teashops north of Burnley/Accrington but I've just visited the area for a long weekend from Northampton and want to say thank you. As it happened we didn't go into any of the four cafés you recommended but we did find The Green Jersey in Clitheroe (and a sausage shop) and The Hark To Bounty in Slaidburn. I popped my head into the Cistercian Abbey at Whalley. And had a look at the Trough of Bowland.

Cobblers lost 2 -1 at Accrington Stanley on Saturday but it was proper football for proper spectators. The away fans have an open standing terrace behind the goal; it was like being a boy fifty years ago. The railway viaduct in Accrington is pretty amazing too.

Thanks again, Ian.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hi ColinJ, I can't find the thread where you gave me advice about teashops north of Burnley/Accrington but I've just visited the area for a long weekend from Northampton and want to say thank you. As it happened we didn't go into any of the four cafés you recommended but we did find The Green Jersey in Clitheroe (and a sausage shop) and The Hark To Bounty in Slaidburn. I popped my head into the Cistercian Abbey at Whalley. And had a look at the Trough of Bowland.

Cobblers lost 2 -1 at Accrington Stanley on Saturday but it was proper football for proper spectators. The away fans have an open standing terrace behind the goal; it was like being a boy fifty years ago. The railway viaduct in Accrington is pretty amazing too.

Thanks again, Ian.
You had a busy weekend!

What did you think of the cycling round there?

ianmac62

Guru
You had a busy weekend!

What did you think of the cycling round there?

I always knew that Northamptonshire was flat! I'm now left with the distinct impression that Lancashire has no level roads - or even streets. I struggled to find a level street in Burnley or Accrington! I shall return. Thanks again!

Top Bottom