100 miles in 5 hours challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
4:01:21, not quite! 2nd place overall, fastest affiliated rider so afaik I am the M&DTTA 100 mile TT champ, free dinner!

I'll leave you in anticipation for Dr Pinks result but needless to say, she did a hell of a ride :biggrin:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Cheers all :biggrin:

@400bhp My partner insisted I take a "before" pic and she put it on FB and a few people said that they didn't recognise me, not sure if it was the aero beard I have cultivated or the "Right Said Fred" speedsuit (note the hunch is because the suit is so tight I can't stand upright in it without causing testicular damage :tongue:)

100TT - Before.jpg

Lost my between the arm bottle on a pothole on the 2nd lap, luckily I'd gone through the gel's and bars attached to it by then! Consumed 1 energy bar, 6 gels + 1.5 x 750 ml bottles of energy drink! All of my extra bottles in the neutral support station weren't required.

Last edited:

dr_pink

4:01:21, not quite! 2nd place overall, fastest affiliated rider so afaik I am the M&DTTA 100 mile TT champ, free dinner!

I'll leave you in anticipation for Dr Pinks result but needless to say, she did a hell of a ride :biggrin:
Well done again Rob3rt - amazing ride! Especially with so many additional 'challenges' on those Cheshire roads (seriously did they really need to be out painting white lines on a Sunday morning....?!...FFS)

I wasn't so happy with my ride..! Still gutted!!

jarlrmai

Veteran
4 hours is mental mate, congratulations.

Aero Bike, check
Aero Hat, check
Aero Skin Suit, check
Aero Beard, check
Unaero number tag, check.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My un-aero number is pinned to a section of an arm warmer I sacrificed, I adjust it so it lies flat when on the aero bars, that means it is a bit of a parachute off the bike. Luckily bike races are conducted on the bike :tongue:

I am seeking marginal gains though, looking forward to nopinz releasing (claiming 8W saved, I'll take half of that and be happy) and have an idea for DIY aero arm number attachment.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well she seems not happy with her time, I thought it was a pretty awesome ride tbh, she was 2nd with 4:3x:xx IIRC. It was closely fought for the win but local course knowledge will have given the eventual winner (a local regular) a substantial advantage.

I don't have the times since I took a photo of the board and the guy said some results were missing, so deleted the pic intending to get one when all were in, but when all were in, he saved to usb drive and turned the laptop off, hah.

Last edited:
She did 4.30.33, as Rob says local knowledge helps more than you would think particularly if you race those roads regularly. the other disadvantage was her rival was getting splits on dr_pink as she started 38 mins behind. She lost by 46 secs at the finish. Apart from going through a bad patch very briefly at 60 miles dr_pink kept a very even pace throughout and finished looking strong, which is just as well as she has the National 100 in 2 weeks and the National 12 hour [don't ask] a further 2 weeks after that. Hungry for revenge now.

Top Bottom