100 miles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greenbank

Über Member
jimboalee said:
AUKs Midlands Mesh allows me to ride a 400, stopping at home for three hours kip in my own bed before setting off again.

Not done that yet, but it is possible.

One notable Audaxer rode the 3300km Great Triangle perm (if I remember correctly) and stopped at home for 3 days (including going to work for 2 of those days) before finishing it off all within the time limit (for rides over 2500km it becomes 200km a day minimum).

jimboalee

Greenbank said:
One notable Audaxer rode the 3300km Great Triangle perm (if I remember correctly) and stopped at home for 3 days (including going to work for 2 of those days) before finishing it off all within the time limit (for rides over 2500km it becomes 200km a day minimum).

Midlands Mesh. Home to Land's End, to Berwick on Tweed and back to Home.
2100 km. 10 kmh minimum. Can squeeze a couple of bed rests in that.

Seamab

TechMech said:
Perth-Coupar Angus-Blairgowrie-Dunkeld-Aberfeldy-Killin-Lochearnhead-Comrie -Crieff-Perth, somewhere in the region of 115-120 miles but final route still tbc

How are you planning to do the Killin - Lochearnhead section? Last year i cycled the A road from Lochearnhead to Callander (A85?) on a Sun pm and it was terribly busy. So bad i came off at Strathyre and took the NCN to Callander. Unfortunately, it's not the best of surfaces for a road bike with narrow tyres.

If this is your first ton it maybe best to stick to as near a 100 as possible.

OP
OP
T

TechMech

Seamab said:
How are you planning to do the Killin - Lochearnhead section? Last year i cycled the A road from Lochearnhead to Callander (A85?) on a Sun pm and it was terribly busy. So bad i came off at Strathyre and took the NCN to Callander. Unfortunately, it's not the best of surfaces for a road bike with narrow tyres.

If this is your first ton it maybe best to stick to as near a 100 as possible.

This is the route that I was planning, using minor roads where possible.
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=149390

I was thinking about a cafe/lunch stop in Killin which is lovely village and is very walker/cyclist friendly and about 75 miles round the route.

@Steven/David - Of course you're more than welcome to come along, the more the merrier :biggrin: Not sure when I'm doing it yet though, but it would be nice to have some company. I'm sure my mate Mark (who you met Steven) would come along too, although I've not mentioned it to him yet.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Quote " I was thinking about a cafe/lunch stop in Killin which is lovely village and is very walker/cyclist friendly and about 75 miles round the route." UNQUOTE

I would be tempted to have lunch before you get half way or you arent going to get much energy benefit from it.

Top Bottom