105 will I be able to tell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I have Veloce equipped Italian and whilst its great you cant buy a groupset for £299 which seems like a fair deal for a 105 set up.

Ribble will do you a Veloce gruppo for £340, which isn't too bad IMO.

Claris to 105 is a cracking upgrade though. My Sora/Tiagra mix to 105 feels great!

Plus, you don't suffer the indignity of having a gruppo named after a fishing rod...

i find the 105 on my Genesis to be spot on.

its a big jump from the sora that I have on another bike.

e-rider

crappy member
My question is I am debating weather to upgrade my shimano Claris to 105 group set and have found a deal for 299 and wondered is it really that much of a change your thoughts on this matter
most 299 105 deals are limited to what cassette ratio, crank length, derailleur cage etc is offered. All okay if it just happens to be exactly right, rarely is though! I recently bought a full Sora groupset with tektro long drop brakes for 199. Only slightly worse performance and slightly more weight than my 105 groupset. It was for a winter training bike anyway so I wanted to feel a difference when getting on the summer bike!

Linford

I've got 105 on my Giant...was miles better than the few Sora (sp) equiped bikes I road tested. That said, the bike I rented in Mallorca a few months ago had Ultegra compact kit on it, and that really was very nice :becool:

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans very good for test rides. I test rode a 105 bike and decided it wasn't for me due to the hoods, smooth changes though

Martin p

I was looking at that deal myself but would prefer the Sram Apex deal for around the same price . I have small hands & would be changing from a triple . Also have Apex on my flat bar & like it .
the trouble is that it only comes with 172.5 chainset & all my others are 170 mm . Would this make much difference or should i be sticking to the 170mm chainsets. Cheers :smile:

Top Bottom