12/11/13 - Male cyclist dies in Croydon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It's a very dodgy bit of road. Some strange cycling infrastructure, tram tracks, tight turns and a weird lighting phase.

RIP to the cyclist and I hope the other one in hospital pulls through.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
FFS!:sad:

Kies

Boris is very slow to sort these busy junctions out. He wants more and more people to commute, which they are, but the road layouts are not condusive

Slim

Über Member
I;ve just seen a few photos of the scene, It's my neck of the woods. That junction is very weird with roads joining at all angles, That said, I'm not totally surprised to see that the bus involved is a single decker. They are very aggressive around there.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Boris is very slow to sort these busy junctions out. He wants more and more people to commute, which they are, but the road layouts are not condusive

How many busy junctions are there in London? How do you chose which ones to 'sort out'? How much and where is all the money going to come from to sort out all these busy junctions?

Kies

How many busy junctions are there in London? How do you chose which ones to 'sort out'? How much and where is all the money going to come from to sort out all these busy junctions?

Bow roundabout, Parliament Square, Aldgate/Aldgate east gyratories would be a start. Very saddened by today's injuries and fatality. I was listening to LBC as i drove into work .... The 3 incidents came over the airwaves in quick succesion ..... Nick Ferrari's words sent a chill through me ... "It is with a heavy heart i have to report there has been a fatality at Bow roundabout"

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just realised, I went through this very junction early saturday afternoon on my return from Brighton. It can be a nightmare junction as it has two lanes converging into one on a bend. Not only that you have to traverse the tram tracks which slows you down allowing motor vehicles to overtake.

Poor soul.

Top Bottom