14% Higher Chance Of Injury When Wearing Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
coal-miner-01.jpg
Used for mounting of the head torch, visible in the picture.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry, where is the link to the study?

The question asked on the OP.

Hilly problem solved --> http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/problems-with-hills-rain.147609/#post-2910028

also forced to cancel all and any cycling trips as there are no good gps solution presently --> http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/gps-navigation-advice-please.147607

I don't think this forum has helped solved any of the problems I've asked so far................. ='(
What sort of help were you after?
Helmets are a touchy subject & personal opinion is used on both sides of the argument. I was using/wearing a full face helmet when hit by a car. Head impacted the bonnet, but caused the injury sufferred to be worse.
Cutting it short, if you want to wear one, wear one. Your choice which ever you choose, just don't allow ohers to put you off because of your choice!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I only bother with a helmet when I'm mountain biking, as I fall off a lot.
Mountain biking is the only time I can say that a helmet might have prevented something.

I cycled under a low branch, and it hit the helmet with quite a whack. However:
-Would I have hit my head if I had not been wearing a helmet?
-If I would have hit it, would I have suffered a head injury worse than a bit of a bump?
-In any case I had a stiff neck for a couple of days

Personal anecdotes are useless in deciding whether helmets are effective.
We need to look at large datasets.
This has been done, and no significant protective effect has been detected, so either they do not protect against head injuries to any significant amount, or they do, but make it more likely to get a head injury in other situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom