14th April - Amersham pre-Fridays tour ride - 66 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sadly I need to duck out of this. Have fun.

Mice

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
so............can't really tell you about the ride. I can tell you that when Greg came off his head hit the road and there was a whole lorra lorra blood, and that the ambulance turned up, and then another ambulance, and that Lee took his bike home and I went to the hospital, there to find our injured comrade who was treated so wonderfully well by everybody there (God Bless the NHS, and anybody who disagrees can kiss my candied, not to say socially medicated ass) and that we made our way back to London where the delectable Helen scooped him up (that's a metaphor) and took him home. That's what I can tell you..........but as to the ride - not a lot

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
so............can't really tell you about the ride. I can tell you that when Greg came off his head hit the road and there was a whole lorra lorra blood, and that the ambulance turned up, and then another ambulance, and that Lee took his bike home and I went to the hospital, there to find our injured comrade who was treated so wonderfully well by everybody there (God Bless the NHS, and anybody who disagrees can kiss my candied, not to say socially medicated ass) and that we made our way back to London where the delectable Helen scooped him up (that's a metaphor) and took him home. That's what I can tell you..........but as to the ride - not a lot

Yes ouch... the photo's are nice...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I can remember setting off. I can remember cycling past the signs for a Genesis bike dealer, I can remember the three long terrifying seconds it took to go from "I'm a bit out of shape" through "oh, er, dear me, no" via "shoot my left leg's has come unclipped" to "Fark, this is going to hurt, possibly a lot". Next thing I was studying the lovely crimson spatter patterns as blood dripped onto tarmac.

Sorry if I took the shine off what was looking like a great ride. Thank you srw for organising it.

I'm home. I'll be fine. A few staples. Some glue. A little missing skin. Ok, more than a little.

God bless the NHS, the paramedics, the staff at Stoke Mandeville in particular and Simon Legg.

rvw

Guru
I can remember setting off. I can remember cycling past the signs for a Genesis bike dealer, I can remember the three long terrifying seconds it took to go from "I'm a bit out of shape" through "oh, er, dear me, no" via "shoot my left leg's has come unclipped" to "Fark, this is going to hurt, possibly a lot". Next thing I was studying the lovely crimson spatter patterns as blood dripped onto tarmac.

Sorry if I took the shine off what was looking like a great ride. Thank you srw for organising it.

I'm home. I'll be fine. A few staples. Some glue. A little missing skin. Ok, more than a little.

God bless the NHS, the paramedics, the staff at Stoke Mandeville in particular and Simon Legg.

Get well soon! Those of us left on the ride were getting regular updates via SMS, but it's good to hear from you personally.

Take care!

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Thanks to lilolee and dellzeqq and the nhs for their ministrations - get well soon Greg. It's amazing how bright red blood is when it's fresh.

Thanks too to Flying Dodo for his fettling, and apologies for holding the rest of you up. In a funny sort of a way, a distraction helped calm nerves.

In the light of the delays, we lopped off the Claydon loop - which meant going against the grain of the Aylesbury "plain" but saved 10 miles. Final score back home was 58.4 miles in 4:45 of riding.

Fuller write-up will follow later.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Greg, I can safely say that the less you remember about the prang, the better, because everyone else will remember it all too well. Glad it's far less worse than it could have been, and I hope that the recovery is as miraculous as Pompey's performance today...

Looking forward to hearing more about the rest of the ride.

Top Bottom