14th April - Amersham pre-Fridays tour ride - 66 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
So sorry, Greg. GWS.

Otherwise a nice day out, for which thanks are due to Stephen and Rachel for organising and routing (and re-routing).

Useless info spot of the day: did anyone notice as we turned left onto the A41 to enter Waddesdon the very broad verge on the left? That was the trackbed of the Brill Tramway, which later became part of the Metropolitan line before that end of the line shut in 193-something.

GWS Greg.
Thanks for organizing the ride srw.
Just over 100 miles for the day, arrived home at 8:30 after leaving Dave at the T junction nr Tring station. The climb upto Ashridge wasn't too bad apart from the sharp left nr the top. I made it back to Reds just after 6, gave him his tea a quick brush then chucked his rug on and turned him out till the morning. Then home for a soak and some food.

thanks all for a good day out.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Cheers all. The lovely Helen was a bit stressed but now just laughs every time she sees my face. I'm going to pass it all off as a botched DIY nose job and face lift.

Had a nice walk down town this morning, haven't quite got enough movement in the right knee to cycle today, to buy some fresh dressings for the knee. Got a lecture from a helmet nazi pharmacist who decided over the course of our conversation that it is probably infected.

Only frightened a few children whilst I was there. The flesh coloured nose plaster is a little more subtle than y'day bright white 'look at me I'm a numpty' job.

bump%20013.jpg

Most painful thing of all is my right thumb which 'jumped' during the off and was popped back in by me in the ambulance.

Cheers all. The lovely Helen was a bit stressed but now just laughs every time she sees my face. I'm going to pass it all off as a botched DIY nose job and face lift.

Had a nice walk down town this morning, haven't quite got enough movement in the right knee to cycle today, to buy some fresh dressings for the knee. Got a lecture from a helmet nazi pharmacist who decided over the course of our conversation that it is probably infected.

Only frightened a few children whilst I was there. The flesh coloured nose plaster is a little more subtle than y'day bright white 'look at me I'm a numpty' job.

bump%20013.jpg

Most painful thing of all is my right thumb which 'jumped' during the off and was popped back in by me in the ambulance.

Blimey - that's quite something. It must have been terrifying.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Mice

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
here's the pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62382682@N07/sets/72157629452172178/

I have to say the Haddock and chips i had, nice as they were, would've been excellent
if they'd been fried in fresh cooking oil

All in all a pleasent day out (it's not good when one of us goes down ) no doubt Greg will be out
again in no time.

We didn't get to see many great houses but there where some great views across the Chilterns

thanks SRW and R and thanks for the drinks too

(oh yeah, sort your bloody chain out :biggrin: )

Methinks the sewing doctor missed an opportunity...at least you have retained the film-star baddie look, Greg.
Praise be that the crash was North of the river in posh Bucks.
Blood South of the river:
blood.jpg
and in posh Bucks:
Echezeaux.jpg
Time to get online and order a case of recovery drink, Greg!:smile:

ianmac62

Guru
Thanks, Steven and Rachel! Here's another photo of Rebecca, pleased as punch with her new bike, standing in the car park in Great Missenden.
IMGP4864.JPG

IMGP4865.JPG

and the tandem being fettled in the same location, complete with photogenic electricity box and brick wall of gents loo.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I can report that Greg does indeed have a bad ass.

He's very stoic. I'd have been crying big tears and demanding liquorice allsorts from the nurses. Putting your own thumb back in to place is waaaayyyyy beyond me.

Top Bottom