14th April - Amersham pre-Fridays tour ride - 66 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rvw

Guru

there's no easy way to say it. It's a beautiful part of the world but, Stephen, your roads are shoot.
Can't disagree. But apologies for not indicating more of the potholes - I'm not accustomed to being in the lead, and usually when S yells "bump!" my instinct is to hang on tighter, not take a hand off to point.

BTW I'm not sure it's overt snobbishness which keeps the roads rubbish, more an uncomprehending "but doesn't everyone drive a 4X4 tank?!" attitude.

Can't disagree. But apologies for not indicating more of the potholes - I'm not accustomed to being in the lead, and usually when S yells "bump!" my instinct is to hang on tighter, not take a hand off to point.

You were good, and I'd noticed you were often pointing and calling out potholes, so don't worry on that score.

Greg's hill didn't have potholes, just a section like a cheese grater. Rebecca & I zoomed past you at over 30 mph, and on that section I raised myself slightly out of the saddle because of the condition of the road. Greg, being on fixed, didn't have that luxury.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Greg's hill didn't have potholes, just a section like a cheese grater. Rebecca & I zoomed past you at over 30 mph, and on that section I raised myself slightly out of the saddle because of the condition of the road. Greg, being on fixed, didn't have that luxury.
Once my left leg/foot got bounced out of the spd my fate was sealed. Unclipped I was doomed to lose control.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Top man lilolee has just delivered my bike. We will spend the rest of the evening glowering menacingly at each other.

Thank you lee.

Wobblers

Euthermic
bump%20013.jpg

Most painful thing of all is my right thumb which 'jumped' during the off and was popped back in by me in the ambulance.

Well, it's nice to see you haven't lost your looks! :thumbsup:

Artful pose aside, that all looks rather hurty. I managed to break my thumb in a very similar fashion, so I hope yours is only dislocated. Heal fast!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well, it's nice to see you haven't lost your looks! :thumbsup:

Artful pose aside, that all looks rather hurty. I managed to break my thumb in a very similar fashion, so I hope yours is only dislocated. Heal fast!
The head injuries are the most photogenic:B) but the thumb, which isn't broken because I say so, hurts the most:thumbsup: except for when I smacked the staples against the wall when putting my shoes on this morning.:banghead:

thom

____
Once my left leg/foot got bounced out of the spd my fate was sealed. Unclipped I was doomed to lose control.
I think the best you can hope for in that situation is to get the other foot out asap and then go for the brakes - not easy with a dodgy road surface, other road users and a lot of energetic bike wobbling to manage.
Get well soon Mr Collins.

Yikes!

Heal up soon Greg, all the best!
The difference between Greg's face and yours, Davy is that Greg's face will heal... (Hello Davy, luv u, see you soon! :hello: :smile:)

Wobblers

Euthermic
The head injuries are the most photogenic:B) but the thumb, which isn't broken because I say so, hurts the most:thumbsup: except for when I smacked the staples against the wall when putting my shoes on this morning.:banghead:

My eyes are watering just reading that!

It's worth getting your thumb rechecked if the pain isn't subsiding by now: fractures don't always show up clearly in the x-rays. I had two doctors miss mine at first...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My eyes are watering just reading that!

It's worth getting your thumb rechecked if the pain isn't subsiding by now: fractures don't always show up clearly in the x-rays. I had two doctors miss mine at first...
A big cheese is going to pronounce upon it tomorrow. I suspect ligament damage myself. Good job I'm left handed.

Top Bottom