155mm wide saddle required, but what about shape?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was saying you have a sit bone width more commonly found on women than men...at least as far as saddle manufacturers are concerned :smile: in most cases you would have no idea looking at a saddle whether it's a wsd one

IBarrett

Über Member
Hi Russ,

I also wandered into a Specialized concept store last week to be told my sit bones were 134mm so I need a 155 mm saddle.
The shop recommended a Specialized Toupe 155mm but as they didn't have on in white I have yet to sort anything out, but keep coming back to this as something I really must 'fix'

You've had your Spesh Romin a couple of seasons now, how are you getting on with it?

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Well, the Romin is still in residence after 2000+ miles and I also have a Toupe on my Plug.

The Toupe is more forgiving of what you are wearing, whilst the Romin, mated to Altura SL Pro (wide) bib shorts is heaven - For me.

The latter pairing shows that the combination of chamois and saddle should be considered as a complimentary system delivering remarkable gusset happiness.

The Toupe just shows that the correct width of saddle delivers benefits even if you're just doing a 16 mile round trip on the lash!

Either way, it starts with sizing the saddle width correctly

Russ

Firestorm

Veteran
Russ
I have just fitted a Spec to my KTM, replaced the seatpost at the same time.
Being a lazy sod I havent been out on it yet though.
What KTM have you got ? You dont see many of them about, I got mine off my Brother, Also a Russ , who has several .
He sells them as well as races them

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Russ
I have just fitted a Spec to my KTM, replaced the seatpost at the same time.
Being a lazy sod I havent been out on it yet though.
What KTM have you got ? You dont see many of them about, I got mine off my Brother, Also a Russ , who has several .
He sells them as well as races them
I've got a Revelator Sky Black Di2 2016. I bought it direct from the Importer as ex-press hack. I love the fact you don't see many. :smile:

Russ

Firestorm

Veteran
Very nice.
My brother had a batch of 3300 frames.
The 3300 didnt sell because , whilst the frames were largely the same throuhout the range, the components were low end.
He made his up adding better spec bits and then later sold it to me.
L

Firestorm

Veteran
WP_20160703_001.jpg

Top Bottom