15C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
This is the temperature at which Cycling Active magazine says that a cyclist should be using leg/knee warmers to protect muscles. This came as a shock because to me, 15c means it's pretty damn warm, I might consider wearing leg warmers (if I had some) if it's heading towards zero. 15c and you need protection? It can't be right...........can it? :huh:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Well it's apparently currently 15 degrees outside in cloudy Kent and i would NOT be putting my leg warmers on thats for certain.

Bryony

Veteran
When I saw that I thought that was a bit warm to be putting leg warmers on! It's 10 degrees here in Ramsgate and it doesn't feel cold enough for leg warmers.

I wish I had leg warmers today, 12 degrees but the wind and the rain chilled me down a lot lower and I got caught out. Could hardly think when I got in, will definetly be adding a layer or two if it stays like this.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
It would have to be 5 deg or less before I would even consider leg warmers. FFS 15 is a hot summers day

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
So, a load of cobblers then? CA is beginning to jazz me off, it's supposed to be neutral regarding helmet use but last month said using one was a "no brainer" as it "sold" a range of helmets on test. You can't go to the shops without an isontonic (or summat) drink, you might die otherwise, especially if you don't drink 1L per 50 yards. Similarly a range of "special" food needs to be consumed before you can take the bike out of your shed. Now bloody leg warmers at 15c! :cursing:

Top Bottom