15C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it depends on the kind of temperatures you are acclimatised to. I would wear arm warmers (probably when starting off) at 15 degrees, but leg warmers or bib tights would be below 10 for me. I am used to the milder climate of Southern France though.

uclown2002

Guru
15F then I'll consider it.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I think it depends on the kind of temperatures you are acclimatised to. I would wear arm warmers (probably when starting off) at 15 degrees, but leg warmers or bib tights would be below 10 for me. I am used to the milder climate of Southern France though.

I understand, but it is a magazine for the UK. 15c is warm and I would think riders in Inverness would consider 15c, bare chest and speedo's weather.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Is any weather "speedos weather"xx(

Quite a few middle aged (& older) guys ride up and down Barcelona promenade in speedos. I think the beaches to the east are pick up joints, I am not sure, but riding along to the old olympic sites was a real eye opener. I am not sure if showing your crack is some sort of "signal"? ^_^

Unfortunately speedos are compulsory in most of France's public swimming pools, which is why I try to avoid them. Older French men seem happy to wander around in them, even whilst playing Boules in public:wacko:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Up until a couple of years back, I was a shorts and T shirt cyclist for the commute- year round. My only concession to the cold would be gloves. My argument was that my legs never get cold (which to be fair, is true) though if I'm brutally honest, I reckoned I was a bit hard. :laugh:Pretty dumb really as I then read about how much I could be knackering my knees by exposing them to cold and am a lot more sensible nowadays in anything below 7-10 degrees c. I jusy hope I haven't stored up too many problems for later life by being a bit of an ar$e!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Muscle use generates heat.

For me I still wear shorts until about 8 degrees C, or if the wind chill brings it down... I tend to get too hot otherwise. I wear a short sleeved top when its 15 sometimes too.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
15°C? I don't even use leg warmers when it's 0°C, instead I just start pedaling harder to warm up the legs :smile:. I generally wear short knicks in all temperatures, although I guess the UK winters would probably change that, if I ever experienced one.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i wear windstopper leg warmers on the morning leg of the commute and then its easy to slip them into my pocket for the evening/afternoon commute if not needed

this morning it was 4 degrees with a windchill factor of zero degrees - more than just leg warmers needed

snorri

Legendary Member
Oh dear:sad:, the clouds have cleared to reveal a fall of fresh snow on the hills last night.:cold:
My thermo reads 10C just now, which would be OK but with the wind chill, it's time to look out the waterproof longs to wear over the longs I've been wearing all summer.:cold:.

Top Bottom