15C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
15 degs is fine for me unless the wind starts blowing then the wind chill factor takes effect.:thumbsdown:
Then it's get the legs covered time.
But the wind chill does take effect on a bike even without any wind, because just the simple act of riding creates wind chill.
Below 10 degrees and I wear 3/4ers to protect the knees.

For me when its borderline temperature, it also depends on what I'm doing if its something I'll be hanging around for a while I'll wear longs etc, but more rigorous sessions I might wear shorts :-/

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i wear windstopper leg warmers on the morning leg of the commute and then its easy to slip them into my pocket for the evening/afternoon commute if not needed

this morning it was 4 degrees with a windchill factor of zero degrees - more than just leg warmers needed
Indeed, that wind chill for almost full on winter temperatures at 6am on my commute home , i had ..
ss jersey ( as a base layer )
long sleeve jersey
gilet
shorts
tights
full finger gloves
buff
Wish i had put my overshoes on as well as my toes were cold and my fingers did not warm up till about 7 miles.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I will cover my arms, knees and/or legs at temps of around 15c or less. The lower the temp from that point, the more I put on. The advice in that article is perfectly sensible and well worth following, but you still see chumps out on the road in 5c wearing shorts...

You also see chumps wearing longs in +15 deg c, as you were :reading:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I will cover my arms, knees and/or legs at temps of around 15c or less. The lower the temp from that point, the more I put on. The advice in that article is perfectly sensible and well worth following, but you still see chumps out on the road in 5c wearing shorts...

Wow! I expect to still have chance of topping up my tan at 15c. Cold doesn't start for me until quite a way below that.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
This is the temperature at which Cycling Active magazine says that a cyclist should be using leg/knee warmers to protect muscles. This came as a shock because to me, 15c means it's pretty damn warm, I might consider wearing leg warmers (if I had some) if it's heading towards zero. 15c and you need protection? It can't be right...........can it? :huh:

Only for southern softies maybe.
15C? That's a flippin' heatwave for me.

GC

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Nobody said 15c was cold. Just that it was not warm enough to ride in shorts and short sleeves.

I think that is nonsense, to me, 15c is warm, it's 60f, definitely short sleeves and shorts weather.

I am very aware of outside temperatures because of the adhesives I use with my work, it needs to be 12c for them to cure off properly, for me I reckon 7-5c (45f) is getting chilly. Of course people will feel chilly at different temps, but not 15c/60f.

Last edited:
I think that is nonsense, to me, 15c is warm, it's 60f, definitely short sleeves and shorts weather.

I am very aware of outside temperatures because of the adhesives I use with my work, it needs to be 12c for them to cure off properly, for me I reckon 7-5c (45f) is getting chilly. Of course people will feel chilly at different temps, but not 15c/60f.
You have not met my mother, she feels chilly below 25 degrees:rolleyes:

So what you are saying is that 'you must be right, because you know a lot about glue'..??

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I think chumps can be defined as anyone who doesn't know how to dress appropriately for the conditions. These are probably the same people who walk around Swansea in vest, shorts and flip-flops because the sun is out, even though the temperature is only 3deg.

You're making a hell of a lot of assumptions about how others feel the cold (or indeed the warm). Using a pejorative for such a thing is pretty low imo.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
This is like the radiator wars which start at this time of year. I assume Dusty Bin must be female :girldance::popcorn:

Top Bottom