15mm thru axle on CX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tharrha

Regular
Hi,

I'm trying to get a new wheelset on my Norco Threshold A but it came with a 15mm thru axle front hub. I only realised it recently they've stopped making 15mm thru axles for non-MTB bikes.
I'm trying to find a solution where I don't have to buy a new fork or build my own wheel with a 15mm hub because CX specific wheels only coming with 12mm thru axles.
Are there any MTB wheels that's narrow enough that it could take a CX tyre (around 32-35mm mark).
The reason why I want to change the wheels is because these are the noname factory wheelset that came with the bike and now that I'm commuting longer off-road I need something stronger.
Thanks for the help.

Laz

vickster

Legendary Member

Lots of wheel sets/hubs have removable end-caps so they can be swapped for different 'standards'.

You can also get adapters to down size the threads on forks to 12mm off e-bay(US seller/maker);I got some for my Lauf forks which were 15mm.

Ajax Bay

Guru
MTB wheels that's narrow enough that it could take a CX tyre (around 32-35mm mark).
A good proportion of MTB wheels of the right diameter have internal rim widths that will take 32-35mm tyre. Look for 23mm eg 622-23 rim. Check OLD of both front and rear hubs as part of the assurance process.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom