1963 Carlton Catalina

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
The lugs are also on my 62 Constellation, of all their lug sets for me this type is just elaborate enough without being over the top...
PA250094_zps99b26ebc.jpg

littlee

Looking forward to the pics. Owned a Catalina at school in the 70s, loved it, same colour scheme as yours it. Years later gave it to the brother in law and never saw it again.

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Coming along :smile:. Just out of curiosity where do you get your inner / outer cables from?
Ebay, also I seem to find bags of them I've bought and stored away for a rainy day, managed to find two sets of bars I'd forgotten about as well as brakes and other bits...

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Off to eBay later :smile:. Thanks

PaulHoltom

Great looking machine. I am also just starting a restoration on a 1959 Catalina Special All Chrome but sadly the chrome is not in a good way so will be stripped and painted. The frame has a single downtube boss fitted but the internal tread does not seem to be the standard size, any idea on what thread it might be?

Would also be interested to know what seatpost diameter is likely to be, looks like 26.4

Thanks

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Great looking machine. I am also just starting a restoration on a 1959 Catalina Special All Chrome but sadly the chrome is not in a good way so will be stripped and painted. The frame has a single downtube boss fitted but the internal tread does not seem to be the standard size, any idea on what thread it might be?

Would also be interested to know what seatpost diameter is likely to be, looks like 26.4

Thanks

Not sure on the thread size, may set up to take a Cyclo lever or similar.

Depending on the tubing, if its plain gauge 531 it would 27mm, welded tube would be 25.4mm

Top Bottom