1980 Raleigh ‘Denim’ Eighteen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Stunning job, bringing an old bike back to be loved and ridden again.
Well done :okay:

Javabob

These things are brilliant; especially coupled with a replacement Cree diode bulb.
View attachment 533555

Yeah, they’re very obtrusive, but in a good way. I’ve got a couple of front ones, which are a bit rough, but by swapping around the bezels and lenses, I’ll be able create two decent looking sets.

I’ve got a few eastern bloc dynamo sets in the boneyard, but they’re not particularly inspiring design wise.

I think those Ever Ready metal ones will stand up to a gentle blasting and a bit of powder coat. I just need grind off a few all rivet heads to get them dismantled.
@Survivor Bikes are theses old style battery case designed to take modern batteries?

Javabob

That’s an amazing job. If you’re ever in Dorset on a Wednesday a few of us have a weekly cruise along the seafront (very slowly 😂) you’d be more than welcome

OP
OP
Survivor Bikes

Survivor Bikes

@Survivor Bikes are theses old style battery case designed to take modern batteries?
Hi there. Yes, exactly that. They‘re made primarily for vintage flashlight enthusiasts (which is a thing!), and they’re great for reviving these old bike lamps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom