Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I left the Army.
My Dad died.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I worked on a sheep farm that summer,about a mile up the road from here. I got to know those sheep pretty well. As soon as i turned up for work they'd come running towards me,even letting me stroke them,which was pretty unusual according to the farmer. He told me they have them in France as a kind of "guard sheep" as opposed to guard dogs. As this picture shows,they do seem to have a "devil dog" type head.
8062939851_1a49bca151_b.jpg

Pas le désordre foutu avec moi, ou je mordrai votre cul au loin !

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Aha yes the storm.
I remember getting up in the night to see what was going on. I could actually feel the french windows bowing due to the wind. Then a tree outside came down along with the pub sign opposite doing a flyer.

I was one of the only people to get to work that day, because I cycled. Most others drove or got public transport. I remember the roads being quite deserted and covered in crap and detritus.

D

Deleted member 1258

With the aid of Wiki I've refreshed my memory of Coventry City winning the FA Cup. I was a student in Coventry at the time, not a follower of football I well remember the deserted shopping centre that afternoon.

My Good lady was working in a city centre shop then, I remember they sent her home, the place was deserted.

D

Deleted member 1258

Our youngest was born in September that year. I remember the ferry disaster, the storm and Michel Fish saying no hurricane to an enquiry from a viewer.

Top Bottom