1990's Peugeot Cyclocross Bike Reynolds 531 Campagnolo Chorus 8 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gds58

Über Member
For sale is a Vintage Peugeot Cyclocross CX bike from around 1995. Size is 56cm or 22.5" in old money. The frame is a genuine Peugeot CX frame built with Reynolds 531 tubing which has had a recent refurbishment. It was shot blasted back to bare metal and re-enamelled in a deep purple colour with appropriate decals and graphics. The frame was given some additional braze on bosses to allow fitment of racks front and rear if required for touring purposes, and also a rear brake cable hanger bracket. All the threads were cleaned and re-tapped so everything fits and threads beautifully. All this work was done by a professional frame builder.

The bike is equipped with an age correct Campagnolo Chorus 8 speed groupset and brand new (old stock) Campagnolo Chorus cranks in 172.5mm length. Chainrings are 46/39. These are running on a brand new (old stock) Chorus cartridge bottom bracket sourced from Holland. Shifters are Chorus 8 speed Ergo levers in immaculate condition. Cassette is brand new and is a Miche (Campag' fit) 8 speed 13-28.

Wheels are Campag' Chorus hubs with 36 spoke Mavic Open Pro rims, all in excellent condition. Tyres are the iconic Michelin Mud 3's which although very clean looking, have had a bit of previous use and the side walls are a little dry and cracked in places. I will supply in addition a pair of virtually new Specialized Tracer CX tyres which can be fitted by the new owner instead if preferred.

Brakes are very effective Oryx Cantilevers with new blocks fitted. These are very well performing CX brakes in great condition. Saddle is a nice Charge spoon in traditional tan colour and matching bar tape on the Cinelli Giro D'Italia bars. Saddle and tape are both brand new.

I had planned to continue upgrading this bike with further new O/S parts and then to ride it regularly. A change of personal circumstances has meant a change of plans and so it is now for sale as it is currently. I have ridden it a couple of times and it is surprisingly smooth and comfortable and actually a joy to ride.

I would prefer collection in person and a cash payment when collected but I could arrange for it to be delivered by courier but this would incur an additional charge of £30 for delivery and would obviously create a slight delay in getting it boxed up and to the courier.

PRICE: £495 but open to sensible offers

Link to full set of pictures can be found here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70163551@N06/albums/72157695109411255

IMG_0395.JPG

Last edited:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Am I being stupid or is a size mentioned?

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
Not at all, it’s me that’s stupid! Loads of info except one of the most important bits! The size is 56cm or 22 1/2” in old money.
Apologies for missing this out!

bairstow

For sale is a Vintage Peugeot Cyclocross CX bike from around 1995. Size is 56cm or 22.5" in old money. The frame is a genuine Peugeot CX frame built with Reynolds 531 tubing which has had a recent refurbishment. It was shot blasted back to bare metal and re-enamelled in a deep purple colour with appropriate decals and graphics. The frame was given some additional braze on bosses to allow fitment of racks front and rear if required for touring purposes, and also a rear brake cable hanger bracket. All the threads were cleaned and re-tapped so everything fits and threads beautifully. All this work was done by a professional frame builder.

View attachment 402423

Hi,

Is this still available? Sorry to resurrect an old thread but wasn't sure how to message you directly.

Cheers

Mod Note:
Hi and welcome to CC @bairstow !
For spam reasons, as a new member, the PM (private messaging) function will be available to you after you make a few more posts.
Also, your first few posts will be moderated, so there might be a small delay before appearing live, depending on when moderators are logged in.
However, members can PM you immediately.
Enjoy the forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom