1st heavy fall since I was a kid..ouch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
1st time out on a bike I built, doing around 17mph and somehow skidded on the cyclepath which runs alongside the east lancs.....down like a bag of s..t, few stopped to ask if I was ok but I was to busy checking the bike out....scuff to crank arm, pedals etc....gutted....but I guess it was a youve been framed moment:cursing:

Drago

Legendary Member
You ok though?

buggi

Bird Saviour
Amazing how it takes nothing short of death to stop us checking our bike. Even when I woke up to find paramedics at my side, and strapped to a spinal board, pretty much the first words out of my mouth were "where's my bike?".
Strangely by comparison, the next week consisted of a lot of expletives which included the phrase "chuck it [the bike] in the fkn skip!!" being used quite a lot.
I put that down to the broken collar bone and lack of morphine.
Hope you're not feeling too bruised tomorrow mate

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I fell in the ice a few years back, typical sack of spuds stuff. Nasty big bruise on my thigh, but worse was scuff marks on my front rack & rear derailleur :cry:
The other day whilst out riding I hit a patch of ice doing about 18 mph my first thought was "how far will I slide at 18mph?" ^_^

Ouch! Touch wood my falling record if it must continue remains the same its been mostly light and when it has been harder I've bounced or something to that ilk.
That record continued today :-( We went out to a fine drizzle, unfortunately it fell on ice and made for a very treacherous surface :-/

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Oh already double checked,,, scuffed shifter, crankarm, pedal (luckily I fell on my left side), oh....and hole in my £90 gore top....double gutted

paul04

Über Member
Glad your ok, I know when I fell off the bike when crossing some tram tracks, 1st thing I did was to check the bike over,

Top Bottom