2 bikes for sale - Boardman Comp and Saracen AWOL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NeilT21

I have now bought a hybrid bike and and ready to thin out my bikes to make room for it.

Two for sale, a Boardman Comp and a Saracen AWOL MTB. I don't know what size either are, but I am 5'7" and the bikes as pictured are set up for my height (hopefully that should give you a good idea whether they would fit you or not)

Boardman Comp is equipped with SRAM X-5 (18 speed), Avid disks and has just had a full service from Hargroves, only done about 50km since.

Saracen AWOL is full suspension, equipped with Shimano Altus (21 speed), Tektro IO disks and RST Gila PLUS T5 front shock.

Offers around £150 for the Boardman and £100 for the Saracen (although I have no idea what they are worth, so if I am being optimistic, then please let me know. All I can tell you is I paid £400 for the Saracen (Halfords) about 7 or 8 years ago, and £500 for the Boardman (also Halfords)

Location Wiltshire (between Hungerford and Marlborough) - I would rather not post, so collection preferred or courier arranged by buyer
IMG_20160409_090001482.jpg IMG_20160409_090012728.jpg IMG_20160409_090021148.jpg IMG_20160409_090256181.jpg IMG_20160409_090302167.jpg IMG_20160409_090334098.jpg

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Interested in the Boardman, you aren't too far from me.
Could you check the size please, also would 32mm tyres fit?
Thanks.

OP
OP
NeilT21

NeilT21

Interested in the Boardman, you aren't too far from me.
Could you check the size please, also would 32mm tyres fit?
Thanks.
The measurement from the centre of the crank to the top of the frame is 48cm which I think means it is a 50cm frame?
As far as tyres, I am not sure. It currently has 28mm Gatorskins on, the rims are Alexrims 622x17 which according to http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html will fit from 25mm to 37mm.
Hope that helps

The measurement from the centre of the crank to the top of the frame is 48cm which I think means it is a 50cm frame?
As far as tyres, I am not sure. It currently has 28mm Gatorskins on, the rims are Alexrims 622x17 which according to http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html will fit from 25mm to 37mm.
Hope that helps
Unless I am mistaken size should be seatpost to headset dimension, but I thought all Boardmans has a sticker to say the frame size.

OP
OP
NeilT21

NeilT21

Unless I am mistaken size should be seatpost to headset dimension, but I thought all Boardmans has a sticker to say the frame size.
No sticker I'm afraid, but having taken some measurements, I'm now pretty sure it's a "M" size (49cm)

OOh yes, indeed they are different geometries. I have to say though, if I were in the market for a hydrid (or allowed) then I would take this off your hands. Don,t want to swap for a medium Boardman road bike with 10 speed 105 do you?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would say a medium road boardman would be too big, i am the same size as the OP and i have a small boardman which fits me with a 90 mm stem.
Halfords are notorious for measuring real seat tube as the bike size , my small baordman is listed is a 51,5 but has a ctr to ctr 53 toptube and according to geometry its a 54 virtual top tube , the medium 53 being a 55.5 virtual top tube .
EDIT
imho that boardman the OP has is to big for them anyway .

OP
OP
NeilT21

NeilT21

OOh yes, indeed they are different geometries. I have to say though, if I were in the market for a hydrid (or allowed) then I would take this off your hands. Don,t want to swap for a medium Boardman road bike with 10 speed 105 do you?
thanks for the offer, but no. I already have a full carbon road bike with Ultegra, and I've just bought a Cube hardtail hybrid for the days when I don't want to take the carbon bike out - that's why I'm selling these two

OP
OP
NeilT21

NeilT21

I would say a medium road boardman would be too big, i am the same size as the OP and i have a small boardman which fits me with a 90 mm stem.
Halfords are notorious for measuring real seat tube as the bike size , my small baordman is listed is a 51,5 but has a ctr to ctr 53 toptube and according to geometry its a 54 virtual top tube , the medium 53 being a 55.5 virtual top tube .
EDIT
imho that boardman the OP has is to big for them anyway .
You are probably right. I think it is a little big for me (you can see from the pictures how low the saddle is) - I probably should have got a small. 20/20 hindsight and all that :-)

U

User19783

I might be interested in the boardman,
Please send me a pm

Cheers
Mud

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I have one of those Boardmans sat in my shed Medium frame schwabble marathons bull horns its in bits atm to fit it in the shed and not been used for over a year as youve had s few people enquire about it I can supply one of the unlucky people who dont get it. (My apologies for jumping on your thread OP)

Top Bottom