2 meals a day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
For the last 5 years I have only eaten 2 meals per day Monday - Friday. Weekends I tend to eat 3 meals.

I dont feel hungry for breakfast when I leave home. In the office I eat lunch early at 11am and eat dinner lateish at 8pm.

I am over weight, currently 6 foot and 98kg. I realise that this is not ideal, but should I try to change my routine?

Furkz

Über Member
definately try and change your eating habits. always have a breakfast with slow releasing carbs like porridge. and eat as often as possible. eating 3-5 times a day is ideal eating well, little and often is loads better than what your doing. TBH if you had a big evening meal it wouldnt be far off a sumo wrestlers diet. also try to eat before 7pm and less or no carbs for the final meal but protein, so something like a chicken salad is perfect

lulubel

Über Member
also try to eat before 7pm and less or no carbs for the final meal but protein, so something like a chicken salad is perfect

Eating after 7pm doesn't make you overweight, and eating carbs in the evening doesn't make you overweight.

It's eating more food overall than your body needs that makes you overweight.

amaferanga

Veteran
The trouble with skipping breakfast is that by the time you do have lunch you're probably so hungry that you massively overeat. Same with your evening meal since there's such a big gap from lunch to dinner. And if you're only having two meals a day yet are not losing weight then they must be BIG meals (like 1000 calories plus per meal). Unless you snack through the day as well? What do you meals consist of? If its pizza and crap like that then you'll need to change what you eat as well as when you eat if you want to lose weight.

Most nutritionists seem to recommend you take about 1/4 of your daily calories at breakfast. That's what I aim to do most days - usually porridge. I then have a snack around 10am (muesli bar and grapes and/or an apple), a light lunch at around 12pm (sandwich or salad - that's all - no crisps or chocolate or whatever), afternoon snack at about 3pm (banana), then dinner at 6-7pm (aiming for a meal with plenty of veg and around 500-600 calories). Eating little and often keeps me from feeling hungry yet depending on the evening meal I can consume as little as 1500 calories a day. Obviously if I ride my bike (which I do almost every day) I eat extra and if I want to maintain weight as opposed to lose a pound or two I'll aim for around 2000 calories plus whatever I burn exercising.

Basically to lose weight you need to look closely at how much you eat, what you eat and when you eat.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I only have a banana for breakfast, an apple for my lunch and a light evening meal, I'm 6 foot and 85.3 KG and a BMI of 25.47. I never feel hungry and have ridden 40+ miles just on the banana and the apple.

Tynan

Veteran
I only have a banana for breakfast, an apple for my lunch and a light evening meal, I'm 6 foot and 85.3 KG and a BMI of 25.47. I never feel hungry and have ridden 40+ miles just on the banana and the apple.

is medical science aware of you?

Furkz

Über Member

your whole days food would be lunch for me

Glover Fan

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day FACT. Your body hadn't eaten anything for up to 12 hours. There is the old adage that eating breakfast speeds up your metabolism, when I was overweight I always skipped breakfast. I never miss it anymore!

Porridge is the best btw.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As others have said breakfast is very important !

I am 5 foot 7 " and weigh 68 KGs gives me a bmi of 23.6 but heavily boned and thunder thighs , i have trouble getting shorts that fit my thighs for the right waist.I also do a weight circuit 2-3 times a week.

This is my intake..
Get up at 5.30 am

Breakfast = bowl porridge or 2 pieces of toast
10 mile commute

snack= small cereal bar when i get to work
work for 2.5 hours (semi active job with some lifting)
snack = 1 slice sandwich with sliced meat or cheese etc
work for 2 hours
dinner =2 slice sandwich,satsuma,banana,yoghurt
work for 2 hours
snack=banana
work = 1.5 hours

10 mile commute

Dinner at 6 pm ish
Standard fare, meat 2 veg/ rice+ chicken / etc etc etc
1 piece of cake

Supper= maybe a biscuit or 2 at 9pm if i feel the urge to nibble.

Bed time ..in bed for 10.30 in the week (bound to be woke up around 3 am by 4 year old wanting juice etc )

Top Bottom