Weird day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So i decided to go back on the church welcome team.Mrs P still not well.So i got up early for a 9-30 walk to church.Got out of bed and dizzy could not raise my head without feeling sick.Got sorted out slowly still not feeling well.Very small breakfast and off i went.So i got three quarters of the way there,and not doing too well actually.I got to the Grove Lane zebra crossing,stopped then lost my balance i staggered to a low wall the sit down.A motorist a young chap had seen me.He got out and insisted he take me to my destination.Once there i sat inside church and things got worse.Well i gave in and i was brought home.i went to bed 11-00 i got up at 16-30 i was freezing.Well i felt a bit better no dizziness but so cold had tea and just staying quiet.This is the second time this month,the last one included being sick numerous times,i am going to play safe and have a word with the Doc.One thing i know in myself it is not cancer related maybe an inner ear problem.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry about that Postie, get yourself down to the quack as soon poss tomorrow.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I occasionally have an attack of BPPV which as you may know stands for Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. As you say this is an inner ear condition. If that is what it is then its no big concern just annoying. Mine resolves itself in a day or two. But still obviously get checked out.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Some years back I had inner ear problems with similar symptoms - staggering round like a drunk and being sick. Get yourself checked out - if it's that (and it sounds like it may be) then the good news from my experience is that it eventually went away. I was given some tablets - I forget what.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Some years back I had inner ear problems with similar symptoms - staggering round like a drunk and being sick. Get yourself checked out - if it's that (and it sounds like it may be) then the good news from my experience is that it eventually went away. I was given some tablets - I forget what.

A friend had something very similar. Same alarming and deeply unpleasant symptoms but sorted out fairly quickly with no lasting ill effects

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I should add that I didn't wait to go to my GP. I went direct to A&E

I rang NHS direct or whatever the hotline was called in those days, and that's what they told me to do. A very kind work colleague drove me there (as I was heaving into a carrier bag).

Gillstay

Über Member
Do people find it gets worse when the weather gets suddenly cold? I am suspecting this is what's happening to me.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I occasionally have an attack of BPPV which as you may know stands for Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. As you say this is an inner ear condition. If that is what it is then its no big concern just annoying. Mine resolves itself in a day or two. But still obviously get checked out.
That is exactly what i have just been told,well two hours ago.After having the appointment i popped into a local cafe-bar.Where i found two chaps from my previous church.They had been for appointments at the same surgery,then called in for a tipple,one had two pints of Saltaire Blonde the other had a whisky and lemonade me i had two lattes,a good hour of catching up.Now i have two weeks of head exercises,then a follow up if it does not clear up.it's crap,head down head up and dizzy with a dose of nausea.

Gwylan

Veteran
D
That is exactly what i have just been told,well two hours ago.After having the appointment i popped into a local cafe-bar.Where i found two chaps from my previous church.They had been for appointments at the same surgery,then called in for a tipple,one had two pints of Saltaire Blonde the other had a whisky and lemonade me i had two lattes,a good hour of catching up.Now i have two weeks of head exercises,then a follow up if it does not clear up.it's crap,head down head up and dizzy with a dose of nausea.

Do the exercises!
Are they the " sit on the bed, fall one side, count 30 secs" and so on?
Work for me.
If not I can find the link if necessary.

Cannot recommend the chemical alternative.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
You might also want to have a read through this thread. There are some interesting bits and pieces
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/vertigo.295309/
i went today because it happened three weeks ago during the night.I just got up for a pee,first i lost my balance and hit the wardrobe,i held on to two door frames,had the pee sitting down,did not want to lift my head.Got back into bed,shot bolt upright straight back to the toilet and threw up,that throwing up lasted an hour.i finally fell asleep.The following afternoon i cut and edged the lawn and i felt fantastic.Yesterday morning i nearly fell down in the street,a motorist stopped and insisted he took me to my destination,where i got worse and was eventually brought home.Thank you for the link.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
D

Do the exercises!
Are they the " sit on the bed, fall one side, count 30 secs" and so on?
Work for me.
If not I can find the link if necessary.

Cannot recommend the chemical alternative.
Yes those are the same.I cannot for the life of me understand how it has started,Saturday morning with two mates i demolished an all you can eat Toby Carvery breakfast,and was laughing and talking for over two hours.

Top Bottom