2 to 3 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
12boy

12boy

Guru
Looking forward to hearing more...thanks, Ron

Tenkaykev

Guru
Me too,

I'm running a 10 speed chain on my 6 speed CHPT3 ( only because the chain is red and black like the bike.)

I was told there would be problems shifting, I twiddled the adjuster and it shifts OK, although I do have to hold the shifter for a few seconds when changing up, changing down is immediate.

bikegang

Mod before ride, my bike my style...
I am waiting eagerly.

After laser engraving label and we are done ...

SAMPLE.jpg

Nufab

Über Member
That looks awesome... will that fit without having to file or bend the rear triangle? Will it come with a shifter, or can the 2-speed Brompton one be modified to 3-speed?

Tenkaykev

Guru
After laser engraving label and we are done ...

View attachment 504337

Looks great, I'm certainly interested 👍

u_i

Über Member
Cogs wear off together with the chain. The question will be of the cost and durability. On a bike used regularly the cassette will need to be changed at least every 2 years and maybe every year.

OP
OP
12boy

12boy

Guru
Bromptons and other small wheeled bikes run through sprockets, especially small sprockets much faster than 700c bikes. It would be good to be able to replace them individually.

bikegang

Mod before ride, my bike my style...
That looks awesome... will that fit without having to file or bend the rear triangle? Will it come with a shifter, or can the 2-speed Brompton one be modified to 3-speed?

Yes, the idea is plug and play. Compatible with all exisitng stock parts (Frame, hub, tensioner, jockey wheels ...) Not chain though as this set is better with 10 speed and up chain. And you need a 3 speed thumb shifter.

u_i

Über Member
Yes, the idea is plug and play. Compatible with all exisitng stock parts (Frame, hub, tensioner, jockey wheels ...)

So what about the chain guide disc? Depending whether I keep it or not I use different spacers between the cogs and if I use the disc I must trim it. If the disc is not there, it is easy for the chain to get stuck between the largest cog and hub on a folded bike. Somehow the reality I see is not as bright and clear as yours :smile:.

Top Bottom