20 cm away from death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
I know what your saying Bollo, but posting on the web is what I do, and when you see this, including my screams (very embarrassing but it emphases just how concerned I was) it will be obvious that publicity was the last thing on my mind.

I want you guys to see this. Making it public will make me feel better about it.
No worries. Get it up then. I managed a manly "GRWAAA!" on my nearest death experience, so it'll be good to compare it with your effete Glaswegian girl-scream.:angry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bollo said:
No worries. Get it up then. I managed a manly "GRWAAA!" on my nearest death experience, so it'll be good to compare it with your effete Glaswegian girl-scream.:angry:

Oh no. Towards the end as the wheels get closer to me I let out definite squeal. Very embarrassing. xx(

OP
OP
M

magnatom

HobbesChoice said:
I'm so glad to hear you're ok, but what a dreadful experience.

Good luck with your police report. I'm sure, once they see your footage, they will take it seriously.

Things can only get better now - I hope. Good luck with your ride home tonight too. I doubt that'll be easy if you're still feeling shaken.

Thanks, but despite my propensity to squeal :angry:, I'm actually ok about it now. Now that I have acted on it and I know he will be reprimanded (he will, I'll make sure of it) I've settled back down.

I love my cycling too much to let something like this upset me.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Right. the video is online now, here. The quality will take a while to improve.

I challenge anyone to tell me I was making too much of this etc.

thomas

the tank engine
magnatom said:
Right. the video is online now, here. The quality will take a while to improve.

I challenge anyone to tell me I was making too much of this etc.

Bloody hell. Not something I would particularly have seen coming and bloody scarey just watching it.

If the Police don't take this seriously, they need a good slap around the face. Let us know how it goes!!

thegrumpybiker

Holy f*ckin crap!
I'M shaking, and I watched it from the safety of my armchair.
Seriously hoping there's a loss of licence here, the twat shouldn't be left in charge of a Scalextric, let alone an HGV.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
it looks scary. i have my camera in the middle. can you put yours on the left side of your helmet? just to give more perspective on how close motons get. it looked close with the camera on existing side, it may have looked even closer with the camera on the left. hope the police do something, even if it's only to warn him. just imagine if you were a beginner or elderly or just didn't see him?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Aye it was close. Being sub zero, although the roads weren't icy as such, they were slippy. For the last few meters my back wheel was skidding, luckily I kept the bike upright. By the end I'd turned my wheel to the right. Had I kept it pointing forwards it would have made contact.

Glad you are OK Maggers,

I had a similar event where I was going right a roundabout. After 2 exits a 4x4 came on straight at me without giving way. Thank god I was in the Primary and it was dry, they had just enough time to stop but there was only inch's it. It all seems like it happened in slow motion and I could see no get out. Interestingly the driver disappeared as fast as they could but the following driver followed me into a housing estate to check if I was OK and offered to be a witness. I didn't have a camera on that day but I've a feeling that the cops wouldn't have done anything anyway as the driver never actually killed me. What I'm trying to say I think you're doing the right thing posting it on youtube and as you say sometimes it helps just to have a stress release valve.

Edit: By the time I typed you'd already posted the video.

C

chillyuk

Crikey. I think we can forgive the swearing, the video frightened me sitting here.

Whatever the outcome re: the police, the important thing is you are OK thankfully.

Origamist

Legendary Member
What a ****.

At least he won't be able to blame the low sun - the film makes that clear (although he will no doubt try).

Does that entry (the one the HGV used) to the RaB have any deflection - it looks almost straight on?

Top Bottom