20 mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/mum-says-can-now-weekly-28933037.amp
'Now safe enough to cycle on'. More lazy than strange to interview a Sustrans employee. I guess a donated interview is better than their Chat GPT written rubbish.

Whereas in the UKs 'number one' cycling city, York, cycling is said to be falling dramatically.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
...The Police aren’t keen on us using main roads (letter from our local constabulary advises us not the use the A1, A52 or A46). So if we can’t use main roads...

Police responses to the notifications are often negative, but their permission isn't required to run a time trial event.

Big T

Guru
Police responses to the notifications are often negative, but their permission isn't required to run a time trial event.

My club are running a club 25 partly on the A52 locally. Our newly appointed racing secretary has been spooked by the negative reply from our local Police Force, so much so that he’s not willing to put his name down as organiser, despite reassurances from me (I’m the club chairman and was the previous racing secretary). I’ve had to put my name down as organiser.

albion

Guru
Stationary cars don't contribute much to traffic counts?

None stationary = lower traffic. The A696 to Ponteland is nice and empty very early on a weekend. Best avoided most other times.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My club are running a club 25 partly on the A52 locally. Our newly appointed racing secretary has been spooked by the negative reply from our local Police Force, so much so that he’s not willing to put his name down as organiser, despite reassurances from me (I’m the club chairman and was the previous racing secretary). I’ve had to put my name down as organiser.

That's a shame. Your CTT district council should be able to provide help and reassurance.

Top Bottom