2008 Specialized Langsters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skwerl

starseven said:
flip the wheel and run singlespeed will require at least one brake.

no. s/s requires two brakes if Giant want to sell it as road-legal. depends if it comes with a fixed-free hub

EDIT - from the Cyclestore website:
"PLEATE NOTE IMAGE SHOWS BIKE WITHOUT BRAKES FITTED THIS IS INCORRECT,
BIKES WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH BRAKES FITTED"

hichakhok

ok ok ok

I'll lighten up. Not a troll just object to the word spazz, thanks for removing it Perhaps this can be settled by a brakeless 85" highgate hill archway road race....

skwerl

zimzum42 said:
72"?

I saw you last year and you were going up hampstead, no?

I go up there with 80". I'm not saying it's easy, but i don't get off.

Can't think of any hills in the SE where you'd have to leave the fixie at home....

you don't have to but there's more enjoyment to be had on a "normal" road bike. Surrey Hills circuit, for example, is doable on fixed but more fun on something with gears and a freewheel. Easier too, esp. on the knees.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I thought the enjoyment of hills was the agony in getting up there, so anything that makes it harder is a bonus!;);):biggrin:

peejay78

i saw one yesterday in soho, for the first time in the flesh. all i can say is - it didn't look as bad as i had hoped but was still an ABOMINATION, as was the media drone riding it.

you know when you get a bit of sick in your mouth and it tastes really rank? that happened to me.

Ste_S

peejay78 said:
i think the new spazz langsters are a horrible, woeful exercise in specious marketing.

increasingly i seem to be alone in this.

style over substance, the perfect bike for a media-mulleted ad-whore living in shoreditch, or possibly a foxtons estate agent, to place next to their grafitti-clad mini.

That'll be the Condor, surely ?

That London Langster is an abomination though, no doubt dreamt up by some design agency who thinks they're "down with the kids"

Top Bottom