2008 your top cycling moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Got to be my weekend away. 100 miles.To my favourite spot. Otherside of Buckden. Leaving early Sunday morning to come back on my own. Was just awesome. The scenery on a grey wet morning on a farm track.It was so big and i felt so little.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Cycling to work for the first time!

asterix

Comrade Member
Getting back on my spare bike after busting the other one (and a very nasty injury) 3 months before.

Ordering a new bike in October to replace the broken one. It'll be ready next month:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
There's a couple.

First time back on the bike after the broken leg mended.

Cycling away from Toulouse airport at the start of our trip was incredibly special....I got a bit weepy because it had been so touch and go as to whether or not I'd mend in time.

And on the tour itself....the col de rousset at 7 in the morning. Breathtaking in every sense of the word.

February, on the return journey from the best tour ever in Scotland we arrived in a sleepy little village, got tanked up on the local Malt and got talking to the locals. Told them what we had been doing to the minds of their children and about the Conference Bike we had on a trailer by the B&B. I mentioned jokingly to Spandex, who had gone through the phase of being passed out in a corner, how fun it would be to have the CoBi parked outside the pub and take people for rides up and down the hill. And thought no more about it. Twenty minutes later Spandex rolls up with a big sozzled gurn on his mush. Thirty seconds later we had everyone out of the pub and were doing 180 degree handbrake turns in the wet street with the pub staff and guests. Screaming. The polis turned up shortly after and very nicely with great humour ordered us to desist.

It was the 'bet you thought I was too pissed to pull this off' expression on Spandex that really made it though.

Fairweather

Lardyboy said:
Getting to the top of the Bwlch the second time during the Dragon and realising that I was still conscious.

Then its a sequence of attempts at trying to break 50 m.p.h. and getting closer every time, but still a tantalisingly 0.2 m.p.h. away!

First post for me on here chaps so here goes.......

Top moments for me:

Lardyboy talking me into the Dragon, then talking me into the Tour of Pembrokeshire, then talking me into the Merlin Ride - all in three consecutive weekends!!! Was I mad? - barking apparently!!

Tour of Pembs first - bonked in Tenby with a few miles to go, Lardy and 515 got well needed gels and drinks down me and made it to the end in 1st gear - not a nice feeling at all.
Learned from my mistakes and finished the Dragon Ride in one piece, although I did go off the road with another chap. He went over the bars quite spectacularly (just cuts and bruises), luckily I went head on into a gap in the hedges - lucky me.
The Merlin was great fun.....already entered next years Merlin.

then decided to treat myself to a Wilier Izoard, if only I had been on it for the above - would have been sooooooooo much easier.

I have even ridden in the rain twice this year! - Fairweather by name.......

yenrod

Getting 'chainy' fit again...and being fitter than I ever had...

Riding to Manchester, as I ALWAYS had wanted to for years and finally doing it - on a pretty hot day too. A real personal achievement.

Meeting Longers - really nice bloke and great ride !!!

Realising that I need to ride by time and not miles and benefited !

Shaun

Founder
Riding 94 miles in a day (will try for the 100 this year maybe). :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
After two summers with no foreign touring, it was just a great feeling to get off the ferry at Ijmuiden in June and head for Amsterdam, wondering where the next few weeks would take me.:smile:

Top Bottom