2008 your top cycling moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
...so what was it?...fastest speed, longest ride, funniest moment etc....what was THE single bestest cycling moment for you in 2008 ?

Here is mine...the moment I reached the med at Montpellier this summer after 9 days

:?:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The build completion of my Dave Yates Randonneur.

IMG_0056-1.jpg

Only ridden it twice since completion and the signs are good for this season's audaxes.

Alan Biles

Completing LEJOG back in May.

Speed-wise: hitting 43 mph down a Scottish hill on the same ride.

Next year I'd like to do London - Gibralter or similar but I'm not sure I'll get a 2-week pass 2 years running.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Watching the Tour of Britain with Salty & Richard, (who where both interviewed by a journalist as they looked like pro's!)

Chasing the 'peloton' up the east coast (whilst they popped down south at first) & watching them go past from Mr Moo's Ice cream parlour with various family & friends...

Searching for discarded bottles like kids on the way home!

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=17950&page=6

dudi

The high of cycling for me was not in the saddle really:

it was when I built a bike for the first time. I built my fixie around new year and spent the next 3 months getting it right. Since then i have done about 4000 miles on it. I got it to fit really well and it is now pretty much perfect, and to know I built it... a great feeling.

The low point of cycling this year was when I ran a ped over, broke her nose and ripped a ligament in my shoulder... a couple of weeks off the bike and a broken carbon fork.

Otherwise my biggest personal accomplishement was losing about 50lbs in weight.

As a family this year has been really good. My wife has been suffering from Chronic Fatigue syndrome for the last 7 years, and this year she got a job... it doesn't sound much, but it's a huge step for her, and I am really really proud.

Blimey... writing this has made me realise that we've had a damn good year here in Ipswich... may the coming year be just as fruitful!

Cheers all.

buggi

Bird Saviour
arriving in Paris after 4 days of cycling there.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
This year on the Dun Run - I'm a little fitter and faster than I have been before, and I felt really good on this year's ride. Then making the effort to persuade my extremely tired mates not to cycle to the closest station, Darsham, and instead to cycle a few extra miles to the more northerly Halesworth to make sure we could get on. 15 of us got on there, and the conductor then wouldn't let any other cyclists on at Darsham. What a move, I'm still chuffed we managed that, though gutted for those who were left at Darsham. That won't work next year, I'll ride either to Diss or to Ipswich I think.

Getting to the top of the Bwlch the second time during the Dragon and realising that I was still conscious.

Then its a sequence of attempts at trying to break 50 m.p.h. and getting closer every time, but still a tantalisingly 0.2 m.p.h. away!

longers

Legendary Member
Cycling to the village where my mum grew up was special, I hadn't been there in twenty years. I'm planning on not leaving it so long next time.

Second best was my first overnight ride to Morecambe through the Trough of Bowland. A beautiful still night and a fantastic sunrise over the Bay.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For me - riding the Manchester 100 - being an ex-TT'er of 10-50 miles max, I've never done too many mile munchers.... only 4 or 5 times in 20 years doing the ton..... I'm a 2 hour rider usually......

Actually did 120 miles and the 100 in just over 5 hours...... knowing how bad the legs felt towards the end, I don't fancy hilly 100 mile sportives, unless I get my gears sorted.....

Top Bottom