200miles in a day - Training/nutrition advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
You are getting confused.

I was the one who said that apples don't satiate hunger, (in my opinion), if anything, they increase it.
There are plenty of testimonials on the net of people stating the same thing if in doubt of my anecdote.
You are doing nothing but cherry picking points in desperation. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

You could also re-read the post you responded to

Linford. You should read this post over a few times, perhaps over a few days.

And then provide an actual study that says fructose is the problem and not a part of the overall picture. The same study in some way should take into account over-eating, sedentry lifestyle and the generally Supersized portions of the Americans they study.

Is the apple I'm about to eat by itself going to make me obese overnight? I THINK NOT

With this.

Apples don't satiate hunger, if anything, they increase it.

Have you got anything of your own to add to this or are you just proficient at riding on the coat tails of others ?

So to make this clear. I have asked you directly, to provide link to an actual study that confirms everything you have said about fructose.

Linford

You are doing nothing but cherry picking points in desperation. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

You could also re-read the post you responded to

With this.

So to make this clear. I have asked you directly, to provide link to an actual study that confirms everything you have said about fructose.

The link is in the articles and the wiki if you looked. Fructose causes leptin resiistance. This is already acknowledged. Leptin controls apetite and how we lay down fat, so any resistance to it will increase all the issues related to this.
It is young science, they only isolated it in humans in 1994 so any research is going to be from the labs where total contol of diet is possible

It doesn't take a genius to see that too much of one will lead to too much of another.

I'm happy to be wrong if you can prove with a study that is not the case.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You provide studies.......

No, you provide studies......

The onus is on you to provide studies, so come on then, lets have them.......

I will only speak to you when you provide studies......

Read my last post........

I'll read it when you provide studies.........

FFS STFU WILL YOU! This section is turning to a landfill!

that's kind of a valid point - but it does beg the question: when you have a disagreement like this, how else are you going to resolve it without recourse to published science..?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Yeeh the all science "my mate told" me approach of old was much better;)

It was much less monotonous that's for sure!

that's kind of a valid point - but it does beg the question: when you have a disagreement like this, how else are you going to resolve it without recourse to published science..?

Not all disagreements need to be resolved.

Linford

I'm still trying to figure out what his point is :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right, cut out the bad language. If you can't reply in a sensible way then don't reply at all.
This thread is heading for locking if it continues.

Linford

Right, cut out the bad language. If you can't reply in a sensible way then don't reply at all.
This thread is heading for locking if it continues.

I hadn't started it boss :thumbsup:

Links to the research as he demanded are appearing. :biggrin:

I'm not an endocinologist, just a casual observer with more than passing interest.

I'm not holding my breath for an apology though. I found his attitude given the subject matter to be unneccessarily aggressive

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is anyone actually going to give the OP some advice ??

Never done a 200 myself, but can easily knock out 120 miles in 6 and a half hours (and only on commuting training). Key is to eat and drink regularly - every 10 miles. I'd build in a couple of brief rests where you can eat something propper though. For me a mix of fruit, malt loaf, cerial bars, then energy drinks.

You are going to need to get in a few rides of 8-9 hours though (130 miles) before hand - you need to get the body used to doing that extra miles.

You'll need the group to stick together if you are planning to 'stay together' - you'll also need plans if a number are flagging - i.e. good communication - get the stronger riders up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom