2010 Targets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brahan

Über Member
I think they're realistic, it's basically shaving a minute off my first season's times in each distance. I'm getting the schedule in a few weeks so I can pinpoint which courses I'm going to do, but the times I've given must be done on the courses I raced last season in order to gauge any real progress.

Sorry, what is tapering?

Brahan

Über Member
I think they're realistic, it's basically shaving a minute off my first season's times in each distance. I'm getting the schedule in a few weeks so I can pinpoint which courses I'm going to do, but the times I've given must be done on the courses I raced last season in order to gauge any real progress.

Sorry, what is tapering?

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Brahan said:

Sorry, what is tapering?

Reducing volume of training; increasing quality and then resting up before a race to produce a performance.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Brahan said:

Sorry, what is tapering?

Reducing volume of training; increasing quality and then resting up before a race to produce a performance.

jimheaney57

1 To get as fit as I possibly can.

2 Get under, and stay under 12 stone. I'm about 12 stone 10 currently.

3 Do Belfast & Newry marathons in the Spring and compete in as many of our N.Ireland half marathon series events as possible (there are 7 in the series).

4 Complete as many sprint & Olympic distance triathlons as I can get to.

5 Complete a half Ironman distance event in the Summer.

6 Aiming to do a full Ironman in Summer 2011.

jimheaney57

1 To get as fit as I possibly can.

2 Get under, and stay under 12 stone. I'm about 12 stone 10 currently.

3 Do Belfast & Newry marathons in the Spring and compete in as many of our N.Ireland half marathon series events as possible (there are 7 in the series).

4 Complete as many sprint & Olympic distance triathlons as I can get to.

5 Complete a half Ironman distance event in the Summer.

6 Aiming to do a full Ironman in Summer 2011.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Will1985 said:
My goals are listed elsewhere in another thread on this topic.

Show me where so I can post " My goals are listed elsewhere in another thread on this topic":biggrin:

lukesdad

Bill Gates said:

Think you ought to define quality & resting up for him Bill.

lukesdad

Bill Gates said:

Think you ought to define quality & resting up for him Bill.

aka0019

Hopefully get my knee sorted out, that's priority!

Then it's my first season racing so I just want to enjoy it basically and learn as much as I can. Hopefully finish a crit if I can hang on! Anything else is a bonus really!

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Come on guys. We need some more people to commit to their targets so we can watch their progress with interest for the rest of the year.

I won't be around for a while. Heading towards a warm climate if my flight gets away tomorrow. No bike but should get some swimming and deep sea fishing in. Cheers

Top Bottom